1. S.T.A.R. Storage program - developed and exclusively run by Silver Bullion Pte Ltd - that securely stores bullion in the form of highly standardized uniquely identified parcels containing, typically, 500 troy ounces (about 15.55 kg) of silver or 10 troy ounces (311 grams) of gold or platinum. Once stored and authenticated under S.T.A.R. these parcels can be either sold to Silver Bullion or taken delivery of via the S.T.A.R. Storage online interface.
2. Safe Deposit Boxes (The Safe House) - Provides a Do It Yourself (DIY) storage solution using custom designed Safe Deposit Boxes and processes designed to maximize security and privacy. A box can be packed remotely upon provisioning. Once sealed, the customer is required to be physically present at The Safe House to access the box. Full liability at low cost is available.
1. On the top bar of the website, click on 'SIGN UP | LOG IN, then click on 'SIGN UP'. Fill in the required.
2. Follow through and click on button 'Apply for STAR Storage' – remember to fill in the required fields, and to indicate if you wish for this to be a personal, joint, corporate or trust account. A PDF will then be generated.
3. Send us the signed application form (and other important relevant documents specified in the instructions on the website and as detailed on a follow up e-mail) via e-mail as a scanned soft copy.
For all accounts, we require:
A. The passport scans of the beneficiaries/owners/company representatives of the storage account (does not have to be notarized).
B. Signed application form - We do not accept digital signatures for the initial application form, please sign on the form with your pen after printing it. Upload via secure notification system or send to us via e-mail to [email protected]
IMPORTANT: The form can only be auto-generated in PDF once you have filled in all information required (follow steps below).
For all corporate and trust accounts, we require more documents, such as:
A. Proof of existence of bank account, either a bank statement or a letter from the bank stating that bank account in the name of ‘XXX company/trust’ exists with bank account number ‘123-456-789-0’.
B. Valid certificate of incorporation (does not have to be notarized)
C. Signed board resolution document, authorizing company representative to operate the account on the company’s behalf, as ratified by the board of directors / director.
D. Passport scans of directors
4. Our bank account details will be sent to you in the aforementioned follow up e-mail.
5. We then verify your account, allowing you to submit storage orders.
1) Login to your account via https://www.silverbullion.com.sg/
2) Click on “Bullion” tab and select the type of bullion you wish to purchase.
3) Choose the bullion that you wish to purchase, specify the quantity, then click 'Store In Our Vault'. Items in cart must be in required multiples.
4) On the right hand corner, click on “Checkout”.
5) Specify how long you wish to prepay storage for your selected bullion (default is 6 months, maximum of 36 months).
6) Select the currency for your order, we only accept payment either in SGD or in USD.
7) Click on “PROCEED WITH ORDER”
8) Select your Payment Option from the dropdown bar. For international wire bank transfer, customers have to bear all bank charges.
9) Specify additional instructions via Order Instructions, Request, Notes.
10) Click on “PROCEED WITH ORDER”
11) Review your items, payment method and other details.
12) Binding Contract and Price Lock-in: Tick the two checkboxes at the bottom of the summary page.
[ ]I have read and agree to the Order Policy.
[ ]I have read and agree to the S.T.A.R. Storage Agreement.
13) Once finalized, click on ‘PLACE ORDER’. The subsequent page should display ‘Order Submitted Successfully, including a five digit Order ID highlighted in red.
- Our bank account details are displayed after submission of order, and they are sent to you via SECURE NOTIFICATIONS automatically upon submitting the order.
- Please ensure order has been submitted first before wiring the funds to us. We only accept payment either in SGD or in USD. Payment must be initiated within one business day after submitting the order and it must be received within two business days after locking in the price.
- For the different mode of payments, please visit https://www.silverbullion.com.sg/AboutPayments.aspx
- We then update you via e-mail / secure notification once payment is received, and we will fulfill the order within the stated delivery lead time.
- Click on “STORAGE”, manage S.T.A.R. Parcels to view your holdings and useful documents.
You will need to purchase a parcel, which normally contains 500 troy ounces of silver bullion. In November 2012, we had stopped selling 10 pieces 10 oz A-Mark silver bars in a 100 oz parcel. In addition, you can only purchase (and sell back) in parcel units, normally in multiples of 500 ounces.
In early 2013, we introduced 5 Perth Mint silver kilobars in a 5 kg parcel. (160.755 troy ounces)
In late 2013, due to a change in packaging from the Mint, we introduced the Mexican Libertad silver coin 450 ounce parcel.
In mid 2014, we introduced the 100 ounce parcels, which is 10 of the 10 ounce Royal Canadian Mint silver bars.
From time to time, you can also purchase 1,000 oz Good Delivery silver bars, which were sold to us by customers. Take note that these do not exactly weigh 1,000 ounces and we will have to confirm pricing once a bar is ordered.
For purchasing gold and platinum bullion, the minimum is 10 troy ounces. We also sell gold kilobars by the parcel.
• The minimum number of ounces of bullion is strictly as per the number of ounces in the parcel, or all the bullion as originally purchased in one transaction (as reflected on the invoice) from the Company.
• As stored bullion was initially sold in fixed quantities and uniquely identified by a seal number, bullion must be sold in parcels.
The step by step process:
1. Log in and click on 'STORAGE' and select "Manage S.T.A.R Holding" from the drop-down menu.
2. Decide which parcels to sell and click on button “Request Buyback”.
3. Tick the checkbox next to the parcels you intend to sell.
4. Review the details and specify whether you are requesting payment in SGD or USD.
5. If necessary, type in additional instructions in the Comments field.
6. Once you have reviewed all the details, click on “Submit Request”.
7. We will then review the request and if everything is satisfactory, we will send you the purchase order and notify you of how we will arrange to transfer the funds back your linked bank account.
All charges are in Singapore Dollars—the ﬁgures below are rounded to the nearest cent; however, the actual charge is calculated up to four decimal places. It is possible to pay the US dollars equivalent amount which is set at the time of order. Storage customers always enjoy the client buyback rate.
Fixed (absolute Singapore dollar amount, not percentage) storage rates of:
• SGD 9.855 (approximately USD 7.2) per gold or platinum ounce per year
• SGD 0.2774 (approximately USD 0.20) per silver ounce per year
Storage charges start on the date bullion ownership is transferred in your name and the invoice is closed (Invoice Date). You will not be charged while your order is being processed or if it is a pre-order. Upon sale or delivery of parcels any unused or overdue storage months will be refunded or deducted on a daily pro-rated basis as part of the Purchase Order or Delivery Note.
The S.T.A.R. Storage system adds or subtracts your storage balance for each parcel when you sell or take delivery of your bullion. For example, if you have SGD 130 in unused storage left for a given parcel and you sell it, we will add SGD 130 to the buyback rate of the bullion, which we wire to your bank account. The S.T.A.R. Storage interface makes this very transparent by detailing these amounts.
You can view your parcels by going to the Manage S.T.A.R. Parcels section on our website.
For different modes of payment and for our bank account details, please visit Payment Options page.
Yes. It is also possible to have bulk shipments (5,000 troy ounces of silver or more) delivered to selected major airports such as Hong Kong, Bangkok or Tokyo. We plan to expand the delivery options outside of Singapore in the future.
S.T.A.R. Storage allows for an easy and timely withdrawal of your bullion. You can do this by logging in to our website and then going through the S.T.A.R. Storage interface. We will send you a delivery request confirmation document to confirm delivery details.
Yes, this is possible. The normal withdrawal process would have to be initiated from Silver Bullion. That is, the customer cannot interact directly with The Safe House vault operator personnel.
Do take note that withdrawal charges of SGD 25 per parcel applies.
The S.T.A.R. Storage system allows for the bullion to be delivered to the address on record in Singapore through secured transport or we can have the bullion delivered to our offices / depository within Certis Cisco. In the latter case, you would have to pick the bullion up from our office. Please note that we require you to sign for the bullion delivery. If you cannot be present we require a written authorization letter before delivery, specifying the recipient who will receive the bullion on your behalf.
1. Create a profile - Customers who wish to store their bullion with us are required to create a S.T.A.R. Storage account with us. Creating a S.T.A.R. Storage account with us is free of charge.
2. Submit transfer-in order - Let us know the types and quantity of bullion that you intend to transfer to us by submitting a transfer-in order to us.
3. Arrange payment - Once you have submitted your transfer-in order, please proceed to make payment to us for that order.
4. Arrange for shipment of your bullion to us - Once we have confirmed receipt of your payment, you can begin to arrange for your bullion to be shipped to us. Such an arrangement can be made with logistics companies that ships precious metals e.g. VIAMAT or Ferrari Logistics. Ship to:
Silver Bullion Pte Ltd
The Safe House SG Pte Ltd
506 Chai Chee Lane #01-01
5. Receiving of shipment - We will notify you via secure notification or e-mail when your shipment arrives.
6. Processing - We will test your bullion’s authenticity before packing and sealing them into tamper evident parcels.
7. Store in vaults - After packing and sealing your bullion in tamper-proof parcels, we will move them into the vaults for storage. Your bullion is now officially part of Silver Bullion’s S.T.A.R. Storage program.
Sign up for a S.T.A.R. Storage profile with us. We will need to verify your profile – along with the signed form and the required documents - before you can initiate the transferring the bullion.
You may submit a transfer-in order through our website. Please do not ship your bullion until you have submitted the order.
You are responsible in ensuring the bullion is sent to our vault at The Safe House. We can provide contacts among various logistics providers who can arrange for shipment of your bullion, however you will have to contact them directly. Domestic deliveries (movement from point A to point B within Singapore) can be arranged through us with specialized forwarders who deal with bullion, such as Certis Cisco or Ferrari Logistics.
We accept many types of bullion, provided they are IPM (investment precious metals as defined by the Singapore Government) and sent in multiples as specified in our program.
While we do not store half ounce gold coins, we can convert those to 1 ounce gold coins for storage (ultimately 10 ounces of gold are required for you to store per parcel).
The alternative is to rent a safe deposit box via www.thesafehouse.sg
Yes, you may. Please submit an order as soon as you have confirmed with your shipper that your bullion is on the way to our office.
Yes we do. For each Tier that you move up to, we offer a SGD 0.01 per silver ounce or SGD 1 per gold / platinum ounce discount on transfer in charges for your bullion.
In order to store with us for transfer in bullion, you will need to indicate that you will store for a minimum of 12 months. Do take note that we return unused prepaid storage, in case of your selling back bullion to us.
Yes, we will notify you via e-mail or secure notification.
Depending on the type of bullion and the volume shipped to us, we will take approximately two to five business days to ‘DUX test’ the bullion and pack them. Transfers concerning larger volumes might take more than one week to process.
By default, we will weigh each tube containing silver coins. We will then conduct an ultrasound test on a sample batch from these coins. At our discretion, we will test more coins, or conduct an X-ray fluorescence test on the initial batch of coins.
Gold bullion are inspected more thoroughly.
Yes, you can. To find out more about DUX Bullion Testing and the charges involved, please visit this page: https://www.silverbullion.com.sg/BullionTesting.aspx.
Yes, we will send via secure notification or via e-mail the invoice detailing the deposit charges, prepaid storage charges as well as the parcel numbers we have assigned to your bullion.
You can also download photographs of your bullion parcels when you are logged in on our website.
Your bullion, once packed in parcels and stored in the vaults, are part of the S.T.A.R. Storage system. You can then request for physical delivery – whether you wish to collect from our office or have the bullion sent to a specific address – when you are logged in on our website. Standard withdrawal charges apply – see .
Any S.T.A.R. Storage transaction such as a buy or sell order or modifying personal information will trigger a notification sent to your email. Should you receive such a notification but you have not initiated it, change your password and contact us immediately. Every buy or sell order is reviewed by a Silver Bullion officer before an order confirmation is sent out or, depending on the situation, we will void the order.
Please note that the system is intentionally designed so that there is very little for a potential hacker to gain even if they were able to access your account.
The S.T.A.R. Storage system is designed to allow funds to be transferred back only into your own linked bank account. Therefore, the worst case scenario would entail funds being returned to your bank account. Furthermore each transaction is reviewed by a Silver Bullion officer and for some transactions two officers. We might contact you to confirm a transaction or changes made to your S.T.A.R. Storage profile to make sure that the changes were as per your request.
Once you log into your Silver Bullion profile, your connection is encrypted using industry standard encryption (denoted by “https” in the URL) certificates similar to those used by banks to reinforce connection privacy and security.
There are three independent entities: vault operators, LBMA-approved inspectors, and Financial Auditors that confirm that the parcel is stored at the specified facility. We also provide you photograph - which you can download as a report from our website - of each stored bullion parcel.
1 Vault Operator(s) perform physical inspections and release parcel inventory reports which are checked against the Parcel Ownership list at least two times per week. Both the S.T.A.R. Parcel Ownership List and vault operators' parcel list are posted online and can be downloaded by S.T.A.R. Bullion Storage customers.
2 London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) approved bullion auditors will perform an independent audit of all parcels, at least once every three months. Silver Bullion has contracted Bureau Veritas (formerly Inspectorate), an LBMA approved inspection company with over 6,000 employees worldwide - 200 of them are stationed in Singapore - to perform these audits and provide a certificate which can be downloaded through your S.T.A.R. Storage Interface online.
3 PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, our auditors, randomly check the physical presence of the parcels with the vault operator, independently check bank statements and cashflows with the banks and review parcel ownership records as evidenced by tax invoices, purchase orders and delivery orders to their respective monetary receipts and disbursements.
The ownership records are maintained by Silver Bullion Pte Ltd, made available to you online in a very transparent manner and controlled by Independent Accountants and Financial Auditors
1 Independent Approved Accountants review and control the parcel ownership records and match these to Tax Invoices, Purchase Orders and Delivery Orders to their respective monetary receipts and disbursements. In Singapore a Tax Invoice falsification is a criminal, not civil, matter so this process is taken very seriously by all parties.
2 PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP independently check the physical presence of the parcels with the Vault Operator(s), independently check bank statements and cash flows with the Banks and review parcel ownership records as evidenced by tax invoices, purchase orders and delivery orders to their respective monetary receipts and disbursements.
Your profile information is accessible only by a small team of Silver Bullion officers in Singapore and the Singapore financial auditors. None of these information are released to third parties unless required by law.
There is no legal obligation on Silver Bullion to any foreign government, including any foreign tax authority, regulator or any foreign public authority to provide information on any customers or any transactions performed under the S.T.A.R. Storage Agreement.
From a regulatory standpoint in Singapore, bullion kept through S.T.A.R. Bullion Storage is not considered a financial product but a physical good and does not fall under the reporting requirements typical for financial products. Vault operators and bullion auditors process information with the anonymous S.T.A.R. Owner ID.
Sealed S.T.A.R. / S.T.A.R.+ Bullion parcels containing silver bullion coins are held in mint sealed “monster boxes”. These boxes come either directly from the mints or through two of the largest North American bullion distributors. In either case, the origin of the coins can be traced back to the mint. Furthermore, the boxes will be weighed by the Vault Operator on arrival which is an implied density test. X-rays of the shipment will also be done as a security precaution upon entering the storage facility.
Sealed S.T.A.R. Storage Parcels containing silver bullion bars are normally 100 troy ounce silver bars grouped in five (500 ounces in total). These bars come from the foundries in double sealed bullion bags and can be traced back to the foundry. In rare cases, if bars are not coming directly from the mint they would have undergone an assay by the primary distributor. Upon arrival, the bars are weighed and repackaged in groups of five (5) into sealed, tamper proof, transparent parcel bags by at least two vault operator officers under CCTV surveillance.
Thus genuinity is addressed by:
• Source - we only market the most liquid and established brand name bullion.
• Traceability - the bullion is arriving either directly from the mint / foundry or in rare cases, the bullion was bought back by dealers and re-assayed by our supplier.
• Weight check and thus implicit density check upon arrival.
• Audit by London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) approved auditors.
• We also do optional DUX Tests. (DUX Testing is mandatory for all transferred in bullion).
Furthermore, our primary suppliers (the largest North American bullion supplier) will accept S.T.A.R. Storage bullion without the usual need for an assay.
High security vaults are intrinsically not designed to be accessible to the public. Security precautions, which required an armed guard and two vault operator officers to be present at all times, make it impossible to open such vault to on-demand public access.
The Safe House is a little more accessible and, in special cases and pending approval from vault operators, it is possible for Silver Bullion to organize a visit to the facility and the parcels stored there. Please note that there would be a charge involved and an appointment date and time would have to be fixed in advance. The vault operators will also require a background check on all visitors before the visit is approved.
A commercial invoice functions like a certificate in that it legally documents the transfer of ownership to the specified buyer. An invoice is a legal document which is created by Silver Bullion officers, controlled by accountants, inspected by financial auditors and regulated by the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS).
Falsifying a commercial invoice is a criminal offense in Singapore, not just a civil offense. Although an invoice might not sound glamorous, this document offers much more protection than a loosely defined “certificate”.
The S.T.A.R. Storage system offers more layers of protection than a bearer based certificate system, which is intrinsically much more susceptible to fraud as it relies on a single document issued by a single institution instead of having the transparency and multiple party control mechanism of the S.T.A.R. Storage system.
The S.T.A.R. Storage system was designed to minimize manual data entry which typically is the primary source of potential errors. Furthermore, a well designed data structure, sets of redundancies and cross checks make this system robust and transparent. More importantly, the system is designed to have a paper backup of all transactions so that we can verify orders or holdings independently from the IT system if necessary.
Tehnical crosschecks: S.T.A.R. Storage uses two separate inventory systems that crosscheck each other. Should an inconsistency occur in one it would be detected by the other system. This design greatly increases transparency which in turn makes the system more reliable. Other technical functions and design features ensure that the risk of errors occuring is minimized.
Non-technical and Vault Operator redundancies: S.T.A.R. parcel ownership lists data are backed up by vault operator inventory lists and all S.T.A.R. transactions are based on invoices and purchase orders. These documents are printed out and archived when issued as part of accounting procedures and auditing requirements.
Customers can view and crosscheck all these documents as well so the system’s transparency implicitly ensures a very high level of accuracy and fast response should any discrepancies occur.
The founder of the company -- Mr Gregor Gregersen -- has been in business software design and project management since 1997 with the majority of this time working for MNCs and banks. Mr. Gregersen has been the architect and he has been developing software in the areas of business intelligence, banking (including derivative pricing), compliance and commissioning systems. His previous occupation before working full time with Silver Bullion Pte Ltd was that of Data Architect for a major European bank.
Designing redundant and transparent systems that remain consistent over time is a key requirement in this industry. We have developed S.T.A.R. Bullion Storage and are able to offer a reliable service as we understand how to build such systems.
The S.T.A.R. System gives you the option to nominate an “Authorized Representative” who can instruct us to liquidate your bullion positions and have the proceeds transferred back to your linked bank account. Due to security reasons we cannot send monies to other accounts or other beneficiaries. However you can instruct your bank to give access or make a joint account so that your authorized representative can gain access to the funds.
Silver Bullion is in a very strong financial position and is in one of the safest countries in the world. However any well designed system has to make business continuity provisions to address such eventualities. The S.T.A.R. Storage system is implicitly designed so that your ownership claim is clear no matter what happens. Furthermore we have appointed a liquidator to provide Business Continuity in such an event and established a process to insure the ownership information is safely, correctly and unequivocally transmitted.
The liquidator fallback relies on a liquidator to act. The S.T.A.R. system also implicitly has a more direct built-in safeguard as you legally own the bullion and if Silver Bullion, who acts as your agent vs. Vault Operator, can no longer fulfill this duty and the liquidator system fails then you can claim your property directly under law.
The latest Parcel Ownership List will clearly list the S.T.A.R. account IDs of the owners of each parcel. Although the Vault Operator only knows your S.T.A.R. Storage ID your Tax Invoice or parcel holdings lists your purchased Parcels and S.T.A.R. Storage ID and full name / address, make your legal claim to the bullion parcels clear and unequivocal.