The security of your personal data is important to us. Silver Bullion has put in place safeguards to protect the personal data stored with us. This policy describes how we may collect, use, disclose, process and manage your personal data.
This policy applies to any individual’s personal data which is in our possession or under our control.
What Personal Data Do We Collect
“Personal data” is data that can be used to identify a natural person. Some examples of personal data that we may collect are:
- Personal Particulars: name, residential address, date of birth, nationality;
- Identity Verification Information: images of government issued ID, passport, national ID or driving license;
- Contact Information: mobile number, phone number, email address;
- Employment Details: directorships of a company account and trusteeship of a trust account;
- Financial Information: bank and bank account numbers; and/or
- personal opinions made known to us (e.g. feedback or responses to surveys).
Usage of Your Personal Data
We may use your personal data for our core business purposes, such as:
developing and providing our products or services (whether made available by us or through us), including but not limited to:
- accepting and buy and sell orders;
- accepting and borrowing requests and lending offers;
- accepting and executing related transactions or request;
- carrying out research, planning and statistical analysis; or
- analytics for the purposes of developing or improving our products, services, security, service quality, and advertising strategies;
- assessing and processing applications, instructions or requests from you or our customers;
- communicating with you, including providing you with updates on changes to products, services (whether made available by us or through us) including any additions, expansions, suspensions and replacements of or to such products, services and their terms and conditions;
- managing our infrastructure and business operations and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- responding to queries or feedback;
- addressing or investigating any complaints, claims or disputes;
- verifying your identity for the purposes of providing our products or services;
- screenings or due diligence checks as may be required under applicable law, regulation or directive;
- complying with all applicable laws and regulations;
- monitoring products and services provided by or made available through us;
- financial reporting, audit and record keeping purposes;
- enforcing obligations owed to us; and/or
- seeking professional advice, including legal advice.
We may also use personal data for purposes set out in the terms and conditions that govern our relationship with you or our customer.
Use of Personal Data for Marketing Purposes
If you are subscribed to our newsletter, we may use your personal data to offer you products or services, including special offers and promotions that may be of interest to you or for which you may be eligible. Such marketing messages will be sent to you by email and in doing so, we will comply with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) and other applicable data protection and privacy laws, such as the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
You may at any time request that we stop contacting you for marketing purposes by unsubscribing to our newsletter or by contacting us about your request.
Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Data
We may from time to time and in compliance with all applicable laws on data privacy, disclose your personal data when requested through a court order from a relevant Singapore court. Please be assured that when we disclose your personal data to such parties, we require them to ensure that any personal data disclosed to them are kept confidential and secure.
We wish to emphasize that Silver Bullion does not sell personal data to any third parties and we shall remain fully compliant of any duty or obligation of confidentiality imposed on us under the applicable agreement(s) and/or terms and conditions that govern our relationship with you or our customer or any applicable law.
Cookies and Related Technologies
You may set up your web browser to block cookies which will in turn disable the website from monitoring your website visit. You may also remove cookies stored from your computer or mobile device. However, if you do block cookies on your browser, you may not be able to use certain features and functions of our web sites.
Other Web Sites
Retention of Personal Data
Your personal data is retained as long as the purpose for which it was collected remains and until it is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
Access and Correction
You may request access or make corrections to your personal data held by Silver Bullion.
The GDPR also provides relevant individuals with additional rights including the right to obtain information on how Silver Bullion processes your personal data, receive certain information provided in an electronic format and/or request that these be transmitted to a third party, request for your information to be erased, object or restrict the use or processing of your information in some circumstances. These will be subject to ongoing obligations imposed on us pursuant to any applicable law or regulation.
Please contact us for the details on how you may request access, correct, or exercise your rights with respect to the processing of your personal data.
How to Contact Us
To contact us on any aspect of this policy or your personal data or to provide any feedback that you may have, please visit our retails office or get in touch with our customer service officer at [email protected].
We may amend this policy from time to time to ensure that this policy is consistent with any changes to the laws and regulations applicable to Silver Bullion. We will make available the updated policy on our web site (https://www.silverbullion.com.sg/privacy). All communications, transactions and dealings with us shall be subject to the latest version of this policy in force at the time.