The Platinum Britannia bullion coin was first struck by the Royal Mint in 2018. in one ounce of 999.5 platinum.
The platinum version features the same depiction of “Britannia” that is on the silver and gold versions. Contains 1 ounce of .9995 fine Platinum.
• Coins will be in protective packaging.
• Obverse: Effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 100 pounds. Features the guilloché background design.
• Reverse: Features the internationally recognized figure of Britannia standing firm against a powerful gale. Her image has symbolized
Britain’s strength and integrity on coinage since Roman times. A radial sunburst design behind Britannia adds anti-counterfeiting protection
• Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
“Britannia” first appeared on the Roman Emperor Hadrian’s coins, circa AD 119. The image was then brought back for the coinage of Charles II in 1672. This spirit of the British Isles has evolved over time. She has been shown with olive branch and owl for peace and wisdom, and with Corinthian helmet and shield for strength and courage, while her trident amid waves or rocky shores salutes Britain’s naval strength.
In 1987, sculptor Philip Nathan created the design that is struck now. He shows the iconic figure of Britannia standing windswept in a Grecian gown, waves at her feet; trident, shield and olive branch in hand. His elegant and instantly recognizable Britannia still endures nearly 30 years later.
Points computation: 1 coin = 10.00 points
Unlock capital from your bullion with our Secured P2P Loans
Fixed Storage Fee
|6 months||36.5379 USD|
|12 months||73.0758 USD|
|24 months||146.1516 USD|
|36 months||219.2273 USD|
|60 months||365.3789 USD|
|Item||Cost Per Coin|
|Transfer-in and testing||6.67 USD|
* Stored in multiples of 10 coins and can be collateralized. Any unused storage will be refunded upon sellback or delivery.