SILVER BULLION PTE LTD – USER AGREEMENT
Effective Date: This Agreement shall be effective immediately for all new customers who sign-up on or after 08 April 2018. For all customers who signed up prior to 08 April 2018, the previous version of our User Agreement will be in effect until 07 April 2018, when it will be superseded by this Agreement.
We reserve the right to amend this Agreement at any time without your consent by posting a revised version on our Website, which will be effective from the time we post it.
If you do not wish to be bound by this Agreement, you must terminate your relationship with us in accordance with clause 32 of this Agreement.
We may close, suspend, or limit your access to your Silver Bullion Account or any other Silver Bullion Services, if you violate this Agreement, the Fair Use Policy, or any other agreement you enter into with Silver Bullion, including, for the avoidance of doubt, the Silver Bullion Wealth Agreement.
This Agreement contains several sections. The headings and subheadings below are for reference only and do not limit the scope or give meaning to each section. Please note that capitalised words have specific definitions, which are included in clause 35 of this Agreement or explained separately in relevant clauses in this Agreement.
- We are not required to be licensed and/or regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (“MAS”) or any other regulators in or outside Singapore. Physical Bullion and cryptocurrencies are not regulated financial instruments under Singapore law and are treated like any other physical goods or in the case of cryptocurrencies– a service that can be freely purchased or sold. Our products and services do also not fall within the remit of the Financial Deposit Insurance Scheme of Singapore.
- We do not provide any investment advice or other forms of advice, nor do we make any recommendations to you. We solely perform, on an “execution only” basis, the buying, selling, testing, storing, matching, processing and administration of Bullion and other metals, Cryptocurrencies, and the Peer-to-Peer Lending Program.
- A reference to a person shall include a reference to an individual or individuals, firm, company, corporation, partnership, unincorporated body of persons, government, state or agency of a state or any association, trust, joint venture or consortium (whether or not having separate legal personality) and that person’s personal representatives, successors, permitted assigns and permitted transferees.
- Where we have published a document that is referred to within these terms and conditions, the content of that document shall also form part of these Terms of Service and shall be deemed as being understood and accepted by you. In the instance of any inconsistencies or contradictions, the meaning taken from these Terms of Service shall prevail.
- Any references in this Agreement to a given date and/or time shall mean local Singapore time (UTC +8).
Opening and using your Silver Bullion Account
Types of Silver Bullion Account
Silver Bullion offers the following account types:
- Personal Account
- Joint Account (joint tenancy)
- Joint Account with a Minor (joint tenancy)
- Junior S.T.A.R. Account (in-trust-for a Minor)
- Corporate Account
- Trust Account
- Retirement Account
- The use of the term “Silver Bullion Account” in this Agreement shall refer to all types of accounts noted above unless otherwise specified.
- The holder of an unverified account is eligible to buy and sell Bullion as a Walk-In customer.
- Only holders of accounts that have been verified and upgraded to S.T.A.R. Storage Account will have access to the other services offered by Silver Bullion such as Bullion storage, cryptocurrency storage, and peer-to-peer lending and borrowing.
- Silver Bullion offers the following account types:
Client Acceptance Policy
S.T.A.R. Storage Account
- For an account to be upgraded into a S.T.A.R. Storage Account, and use all S.T.A.R. Storage exclusive products and services, you must pass our legal compliance checks to be conducted by our Compliance Officer(s).
- To that end you will be requested to provide us with such Information as we may require or request from time to time in relation to this Agreement and all information and documents required to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including all applicable anti-money laundering rules and regulations.
You agree that we are entitled to perform a background check prior to approving your S.T.A.R. Storage Account application or at any other time during the course of the relationship at our discretion. We may contact or use compliance systems and databases to obtain information about you for purposes of confirming your identity under applicable “know-your-client” rules.
You represent and warrant to us at all times that, to the best of your knowledge, any information provided to us by you is complete, accurate, and not misleading in any material respect and you agree to notify us should such information change.
Silver Bullion shall, from time to time, deem certain countries to be prohibited countries, in accordance with various risk factors, legislation, regulation, and guidance. Silver Bullion reserves the right to reject Users from countries it deems to be coming from a prohibited country.
- S.T.A.R. Storage Account
Precious Metals: Purchase, Sale and Storage
Your Purchase of Bullion or other metals (Buy Order)
Buy Order Submission
- When buying online from us, the price at which your order is submitted is the locked-in price. After you have submitted a Buy Order, we will send to you, depending on your preference, the ‘Order Confirmation’ via e-mail or we will post a secure ‘Order Confirmation’ notice on our Platform and send you an electronic link thereto within one Business Day.
- The Bullion or other metals that you have submitted your Buy Order for may be ‘In-Stock’ whereby the Bullion or other metals is already in our strong room or in our vault. Alternatively it may be a ‘Pre-Order’, whereby we will order the Bullion or other metals on your behalf from/through our suppliers. You will be able to access the availability of our “In-Stock” Bullion or other metals real time on our Website as well as conservatively estimated pre-order Bullion or other metals’ delivery times, which are updated regularly. Pre-orders involve a potential counterparty delivery risk and are subject to Force Majeure events.
Buy Order Cancellation
- Once you have submitted a buy order, (a) all prices are locked-in, and (b) there is a binding contract between us for your transaction and, as a result, any market risk for breach is transferred to you at the time of your order.
- Order cancellation, if initiated by you, shall be subject to our Market Loss Policy plus a forty-five Singapore Dollar ($45.00 SGD) cancellation fee.
- Once we approve a cancellation for your order, an ‘Order Cancellation’ e-mail and/or secure notification shall be sent to you, followed by an invoice for any excess amount due from you. The excess amount shall be payable within 30 days from the date of the ‘Order Cancellation’ e-mail and/or secure notification. We reserve the right to refuse new orders until the excess amount is paid in full.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order of any kind without prior notice in the event that:
- We are unable, for whatever reason, to procure any or adequate Bullion or other metals to satisfy your Buy Order due to causes beyond our control;
- Your payment is not received in accordance with clause 16.3, subject to a Cancellation Fee, Market Loss and Late Payment Penalties;
- The price is incorrect, for whatever reasons, including but not limited to computer-related or technical problems or otherwise, pricing error, incorrect item descriptions; and/or
- The order is deemed questionable, suspicious or of significant risk to us. Any such decision made by us is final and we are not obliged to disclose the grounds of our decisions.
- You can physically collect Bullion or other metals purchased through an ‘Over-the-Counter Pickup’ arrangement. This must occur within one (1) month of the pickup notification sent to you via e-mail and/or secure notification, failing which, the order will start incurring storage fees in accordance with the prevailing storage rates (subject to a SGD 100 minimum).
S.T.A.R. Storage Orders
For S.T.A.R. Storage orders, we can parcelise Metal, assign it a unique identification (“Parcel ID”) and store these Metal Parcels as your property in our Vault.
We will provide you with an invoice evidencing the transfer of ownership under Singapore law of either specific Parcels to you once the Bullion or other metals is parcelised at the Vault or upon physical pickup of the Bullion or other metals by you (or your representative).
- Buy Order Submission
Your Sale of Bullion or other metals (Sell Order)
Sell Order Submission
- S.T.A.R. Storage sell orders can be submitted anytime via our Website. The submission of a Sell Order means that you have entered into a binding agreement with us to sell Bullion or other metals at the price specified on the order that you have submitted.
- Over-the-Counter Sell Orders can also be submitted via our Website provided that the bullion is delivered to our retail office not later than the next business day.
- After you have submitted a request to sell Bullion or other metals, we will post a secure ‘Sell Order Confirmation’ notice on our Platform and send you an electronic link thereto within one Business Day.
Sell Order Cancellation
- Sell order cancellation, if initiated by you, shall be subject to our Market Loss Policy plus a forty-five Singapore Dollar ($45.00 SGD) cancellation fee. Any market gain by us on cancellations initiated by you shall not be refunded and shall remain our property.
- For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation of an Over-the-Counter Sell Orders due to non-delivery of the Bullion or other metals on or the next business day shall be deemed as a cancellation initiated by you.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel any sale order of Bullion or other metals, without prior notice, in the event that:
- The listed price for the Bullion or other metals is incorrect due to a technical error or otherwise;
- The Bullion or other metals were deemed to be questionable or is suspected to be a fake or a counterfeit;
- The Bullion or other metals is not in original condition (applicable for Over-the-Counter Sell Orders);
- We are unable to complete your sell order due to causes beyond our control; and/or
- The order is deemed questionable, suspicious, or of risk to us.
Sell Order Completion
- Depending on the amount, payments for sell orders shall be made within 2-5 business days. The issuance of payments from us to you will be in SGD, USD or EUR, by cheque, online bank transfer to your Linked Bank Account, cryptocurrency to your Linked Cryptocurrency Address or credited to your Silver Bullion or Peer-to-Peer Account Balance.
- Upon completion of your sell order or sellback and after issuance of our payment to you, you will receive a ‘Purchase Order’ from us listing all details of the transaction, including mode and date of payment. This document serves as evidence of selling Bullion to us.
- Sell Order Submission
Storage of Bullion or other metals
- You authorise us to arrange for the storage, transportation and insurance of your Bullion or other metals or Bullion or other metals held by us in custody on your behalf, as may be necessary in the circumstances. This authorisation shall be deemed to include an authority to enter into contracts on your behalf without prior notice, as your agent, limited in scope to the storage, transportation or insurance for your Bullion or other metals.
- You agree to confirm any agreements that we may enter into as agent on your behalf for the storage, transportation and/or insurance for the relevant Bullion or other metals as soon as is reasonably practicable. Save for the limited and specific agent relationship referred to above, such agreements do not create any other form of agency relationship between you and us, and do not create a partnership, joint venture or other similar relationship between you and us.
- We hold your Bullion or other metals as a bailee in a high-security facility Vault operated by the Vault Operator. We undertake to ensure adequate protection against any liabilities including, but not limited to theft, employee infidelity and mysterious disappearance.
- Bullion or other metals received and stored is always uniquely identified and stored as a Parcel, in a fully secure and traceable manner under high definition CCTV surveillance. This procedure allows every Parcel to be uniquely identified and tracked to ensure Bullion or other metals is reliably segregated and exclusively assigned to its unique owner. It also enables direct legal ownership, ensures that there is Bullion of the specified type and quality present for every Parcel listed, facilitates auditing and allows for efficient and expedited Bullion or other metals deliveries. This system ensures that Bullion or other metals are fully allocated and reserved to you, the customer.
- You may request to transfer all or any of your Parcels from one account to another, save for those that are functioning as collateral for a peer-to-peer loan and Parcels held under a Company, Trust, or Retirement Account. For the avoidance of doubt, you may only transfer Parcels between accounts where you are the beneficial owner of both accounts.
- Transfer of parcels between accounts is subject to parcel transfer fees in accordance with the Schedule of Charges as updated from time to time on our Website.
You will have access, through our Website, to the following Bullion Parcel details:
- each of your Bullion Parcel’s individual photos;
- individual Bullion Parcel’s storage history as recorded in our inventory system; and
- any available DUX Test reports linked to the Parcel.
- The latest third party audit reports, Vault inventory statements, Parcel Ownership List and insurance certificates are also made available for download to clients on our Website.
- You may log into the Website at any time to initiate the withdrawal or sale of all or any of your Bullion Parcels, save for those that are functioning as collateral for a peer-to-peer loan. Bullion can be delivered to a Singapore address in a secure manner or it can be shipped in bulk to selected major airports worldwide. You shall be solely responsible for shipping Bullion in bulk out of Singapore, including for any taxes levied upon import to the country of destination.
- You agree that if you sell or take delivery of your Bullion or other metals, your bailment with us will terminate and that the record keeping of the creation and termination of the bailment is to be performed by us according to these Terms of Service.
- Storage charges are payable for the duration your Bullion or other metals is stored with us. Storage charges shall be prepaid and will commence on the date you become the legal owner of your Bullion or the date in which your Transferred-in Bullion or other metals is packaged as a Parcel, whichever is first.
- Charges are payable within two (2) business days and within 15 minutes for cryptocurrency payment of order confirmation, or receipt of physical delivery, whichever is first.
- You may purchase additional storage months in the event your existing prepaid storage period has expired. In the event you decide to sell or take physical delivery of your Bullion or other metals, we will refund to you any unused paid storage, or charge any outstanding dues on a daily pro rata basis.
- The Charges are listed in the Schedule of Charges, which can be found on the Website. We may assess a late charge on any amount past due.
- Verified S.T.A.R. Storage Customers may ship physical Bullion or other metals to us (“Transfer-in Process”) and have it authenticated and transferred into our storage after our obligatory DUX test. The Transfer-in Process starts when Bullion or other metals is physically received at the Vault.
You agree that you will only ship physical Bullion or other metals to us after a transfer-in order is initiated on our Website and a transfer-in order confirmation is received by you via e-mail or secure notification. We reserve the right to decline or refuse to accept a delivery or transfer-in of:
- Bullion or other metals with no corresponding transfer-in order;
- Bullion or other metals that are not on the list of goods accepted for transfer-in;
- Bullion or other metals that are not in the specified packaging (e.g. loose coins); and
- Bullion or other metals that are not in the specified quantity for the parcel (e.g. 3 bars for a standard 5 bar parcel).
- You agree not to ship us other items including any hazardous material, dangerous goods, prohibited or restricted articles.
- You agree that shipping is solely your responsibility and that we have no role and/or no explicit or implicit liability in the shipping process. We shall also not be liable for any loss or damage, howsoever caused to the Bullion in the shipping process.
- Should you be shipping bullion that is not on the ‘IPM Tax Free List’, or should your shipper wrongly declare your Bullion or other metals to the Singapore Customs, causing import duties to be levied, you agree to be solely responsible for eventual taxes resulting from such a shipment and you understand that we may not be able to accept such Bullion for storage.
- For the purposes of clause 5.2.5 we will contact you to arrange for the payment of such taxes, and should you fail to respond within 14 days, we reserve the right to sell any and all Bullion or other metals belonging to you in fulfilment of your tax obligations under this clause 5 of this Agreement.
- Verified S.T.A.R. Storage Customers have the option to hand deliver Bullion to our premises in Singapore. Only you or your Authorised Representative can make such delivery.
- Our responsibility for your Bullion stored under and subject to this Agreement shall commence when the shipment has fully entered our facility. Likewise, any applicable storage fee charges of your Bullion shall also accrue when the shipment has fully entered our facility.
- DUX testing and ECM are non-destructive testing methodologies that measures material characteristics of a given sample and evaluates whether the results fall within acceptable material tolerances that are characteristic of the Bullion or other metals. The DUX and ECM testing criteria and the relevant acceptable material tolerances are determined at our sole discretion and may be modified from time to time without prior notice. Bullion or other metals that passes the DUX or ECM testing is considered by us to be genuine. We do not buy, sell, or store any Bullion or other metals that fails the DUX or ECM test and/or any Bullion or other metals that is not deemed genuine.
- We shall not be liable for any incidental, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage including, but not limited to, loss of revenue, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings, or loss of goodwill or reputation, whether foreseeable or not and whether arising from any act or omission in the provision of the DUX or ECM testing service.
- When you purchase and/or store bullion with us, we guarantee that these bullion are genuine and are either purchased directly from the mint or fully tested using DUX.
- In the unlikely event that the bullion purchased and/or stored with us turns out to be a fake, counterfeit, or of a significantly lower purity as stated in the product, we will provide a replacement of your bullion with the same type or if the type is unavailable, with a similar type of bullion with the same or better purity.
A claim under this guarantee is subject to the following conditions:
- For bullion that are stored with us, the claim must be lodged before you sign on the delivery note accepting that the bullion are received in good condition.
- For bullion that are purchased for over-the-counter pick-up at our retail office, the claim must be lodged before you sign the invoice accepting that the bullion are received in good condition.
- The guarantee does not cover any claims that are purely aesthetic in nature including but not limited to: a) missing or damaged certificate, b) milk spots and other types of oxidation, and c) damaged packaging.
- Silver Bullion will need to subject the bullion for further testing to verify your claim.
- We reserve the right to have the bullion examined by an independent assayer.
- Once your claim is lodged under this guarantee, Silver bullion undertakes to respond as soon as possible, but no later than 14 business days after we have received the claim.
Cryptocurrency: Purchase, Sale and Storage
Your Purchase of Cryptocurrency (Buy Order)
Eligibility to Purchase Cryptocurrency
To be eligible to purchase cryptocurrency from us, you must be:
- a non-resident of Singapore for tax purposes;
- a verified S.T.A.R. Storage customer; and
- already have a cryptocurrency address registered in your Silver Bullion Account.
- To be eligible to purchase cryptocurrency from us, you must be:
Buy Order Submission
- Your submission of a Cryptocurrency Buy Order on our Website means that you have entered into a binding agreement with us to purchase the specific Cryptocurrency at the quantity and price specified on the order that you have submitted.
- After you have submitted your order, we will send to you, depending on your preference, the ‘Order Confirmation’ via e-mail or we will post a secure ‘Order Confirmation’ notice on our Platform.
- We reserve the right to modify the daily Cryptocurrency transaction limit for each User without prior notice.
Order Completion and Delivery
- After submitting and paying for your Cryptocurrency Buy Order, we shall deliver the Cryptocurrency to your Linked Cryptocurrency Address based on the transfer schedule published on our Website.
- Proof of delivery by us and the acceptance by you will be the confirmation of the transaction in the Cryptocurrency Network.
- Eligibility to Purchase Cryptocurrency
Your Sale of Cryptocurrency (Sell Order)
Sell Order Submission
- Verified S.T.A.R. Storage Customers may submit a Cryptocurrency Sell Orders anytime via our Website. The submission of a Sell Order means that you have entered into a binding agreement with us to sell cryptocurrency at the quantity and price specified on the order that you have submitted.
- You agree to initiate the transfer of the cryptocurrency to the designated Silver Bullion deposit address within fifteen (15) minutes from the time of Sell Order submission. Silver Bullion reserves the right to adjust the Sell Order lock-in price, should you fail to send the cryptocurrency within the allotted time.
- After you have submitted a request to sell cryptocurrency, we will post a secure ‘Sell Order Confirmation’ notice on our Platform.
Sell Order Completion
- Depending on the amount, payments for sell orders shall be made within 2-5 business days. The issuance of payments from us to you will be in SGD or USD, by cheque, online bank transfer or credited to your Silver Bullion or Peer-to-Peer Account Balance.
- Upon completion of your sell order or sellback and after issuance of our payment to you, you will receive a ‘Purchase Order’ from us listing all details of the transaction, including mode and date of payment. This document serves as evidence of selling Bullion or other metals to us.
- Sell Order Submission
- You agree that because of the high volatility of cryptocurrency prices, which are outside our control, your Cryptocurrency Buy or Sell Order is always irreversibly binding and cannot be cancelled by you.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to refuse to process, or to cancel or reverse, any Cryptocurrency Buy or Sell Order at our sole discretion, even after funds have been debited from your account(s), if:
- we suspect that the transaction involves (or has a high risk of involvement in) money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, or any other type of financial crime;
- in response to a subpoena, court order, or other government order;
- we reasonably suspect that the transaction is erroneous; or
- if we suspect the transaction relates to Prohibited Use or a Prohibited Business.
- In such instances, Silver Bullion will reverse the transaction and we are under no obligation to allow you to reinstate a purchase or sale order at the same price or on the same terms as the cancelled transaction.
Storage of Cryptocurrency Private Keys
Private Key Storage
When storing Cryptocurrency Private Keys with us, you authorise us to arrange the following on your behalf:
- the creation of the Encrypted Private Key Card and Encrypted Recovery Card;
- the secure storage of the Encrypted Private Key Card in a high-security Vault in Singapore operated by the Vault Operator and the Encrypted Recovery Card in a separate strong room location;
- the secure release of the Cryptocurrency Deposit Address to you; and
- the purchase of an insurance (optional) to cover the risk of physical loss or damage of the Key Cards, as may be necessary in the circumstances.
- This authority shall be deemed to include an authority to enter into contracts on your behalf as your agent in respect to the card creation, storage, or insurance but shall not be construed as an obligation to enter into any such contracts.
- When using our services under clause 9 of this Agreement, Silver Bullion will securely store all Cryptocurrency Private Keys in an encrypted format laser etched on two durable polycarbonate cards. During the duration of the storage, the Cryptocurrency Private Keys will never be stored digitally either in online or offline storage.
- You agree and acknowledge that the Cryptocurrency Private Keys will be kept secured and will not be released to you during the duration of your storage.
- We undertake to ensure at all times that, secure practices and procedures are in place for the creation, storage, and release of Cryptocurrency Private Keys in accordance with the Gregersen-Gono Standard on cryptocurrency storage.
- When storing Cryptocurrency Private Keys with us, you authorise us to arrange the following on your behalf:
Usage of the Cryptocurrency Deposit Address
- During the duration of your storage, you may designate the Cryptocurrency Deposit Address to initiate a one-way inward cryptocurrency transaction.
- You agree to not use the Cryptocurrency Deposit Address to attempt to receive or engage in any type of transaction relating to metacoins, side chains, or other derivative, enhanced, or forked protocols, tokens, or coins which supplement or interact with the issued Cryptocurrency Deposit Address. Our platform is not configured to detect, process and/or secure such transactions and we assume absolutely no responsibility whatsoever in respect to such transactions.
- In order to be completed, all cryptocurrency transactions to the Cryptocurrency Deposit Address must be confirmed and recorded in the cryptocurrency public ledger associated with the relevant cryptocurrency network. Such networks are decentralised, peer-to-peer networks supported by independent third-parties, which are not owned, controlled or operated by us. You acknowledge and agree that the transaction you initiated to the Cryptocurrency Deposit Address may not be completed, or may be substantially delayed, by cryptocurrency network used to process the transaction.
- You accept and acknowledge that we are not responsible for any losses as a result of any errors or omissions that you make in connection with your use of the Cryptocurrency Deposit Address, for instance, if you mistype the Cryptocurrency Deposit Address or otherwise provide incorrect information.
Withdrawal from the Cryptocurrency Deposit Address
- During the duration of your storage, you may request for a partial or full withdrawal of cryptocurrency from the relevant Cryptocurrency Deposit Addresses. Silver Bullion may charge network fees (miner or gas fees) to process a cryptocurrency transaction on your behalf.
- For your protection, withdrawal requests may require further verification from us and a separate confirmation from you of the Cryptocurrency Release Address. You agree that we may refuse to process any withdrawal request should we fail to authenticate your identity based on our verification procedures.
- Cryptocurrency Private Keys associated with the relevant Cryptocurrency Deposit Addresses are always securely stored in a polycarbonate card in our Vault. As a result, it is necessary for us to physically retrieve the Encrypted Private Key Cards during our Vault’s operational hours in order to facilitate a cryptocurrency transaction in accordance with your request. In view of the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that the withdrawal or initiation of such cryptocurrency transaction from the Cryptocurrency Deposit Address may be delayed for up to 48 hours or sometimes even more.
- You also agree to indemnify us against any losses incurred by you because of a mistyped Cryptocurrency Release Address, or inaccessible Cryptocurrency Release Address due to user error such as forgotten passwords, third-party access to the Cryptocurrency Release Address, or; any unauthorised third party activities, including without limitation the use or introduction of computer viruses, or other malware, phishing, spoofing or other means of attack against you.
- Should you fail to pay us any amount due and owing from the services provided under clause 9 of this Agreement (e.g. storage fees), you authorise us to partially withdraw cryptocurrency out of the Cryptocurrency Deposit Addresses in the quantities/amounts required to recover such unpaid charges.
- We will provide guidance to our Customers in advance of any split or ‘hard-fork’ for the cryptocurrencies we offer.
- Private Key Storage
Peer-to-Peer Lending Program: Lending and Borrowing
- To participate in the “Peer-to-Peer Lending Platform”, you must be a verified S.T.A.R. Storage Customer and your account not a Retirement Account.
- Retirement Accounts may only participate in the “Peer-to-Peer Lending Platform”, if the participation of the Retirement Account is not classified as a prohibited transaction.
Funding the Peer-to-Peer Account
- Customer funds under the Peer-to-Peer Lending Platform are held in a separate Client Bank Account. You may fund your Peer-to-Peer Account through a direct bank transfer to these designated USD and SGD P2P Client Bank Accounts.
- You agree that all banking charges both in Singapore and abroad shall be borne by you and shall be deducted/charged to your Peer-to-Peer Account.
Our Role in the Peer-to-Peer Lending Program
You agree that any transaction under the Peer-to-peer Lending Program is done directly between the Lender and Borrower and we do not participate and do not assume any liability in such loan transactions. For the avoidance of doubt, we only carry out specific roles in the Peer-to-peer Lending Program, which are described below:
- providing an online Platform for the matching of potential Borrowing Requests of Borrowers and Lending Offers of Lenders;
- managing documentation;
- facilitating settlement including Events of Default;
- facilitating custody of collateral; and
- administration of settlement and custody.
- All Loan Contracts are subject to these Terms of Service and your acceptance of these Terms of Service also constitutes your acceptance of any Loan Contract issued for a Loan between one or more counterparties and you, in a Peer-to-peer loan transaction in accordance with Agreement.
- We shall act as agents for the Lender(s) and Borrower(s) in relation to the Loan Contract, acting in accordance with the tasks outlined in this Agreement.
- You acknowledge that the effective and efficient functioning of the Peer-to-peer Lending Program is subject to all parties to a Loan Contract strictly complying with these Terms of Service and further specific instructions thereto sent by us.
- Failure to timely settle any obligations under the Peer-to-Peer Lending Program can have material financial consequences to the other parties involved in the transaction or the settlement thereof for, which you may be held liable.
- We may impose limits on the minimum and maximum amounts, minimum and maximum aggregate amounts, maximum number of transactions and maximum aggregate number, of transactions outstanding under the Peer-to-peer Lending Program at any point in time. Such limits may be changed at our sole discretion based on (but not limited to) factors such as past performance and available cash balances in the peer-to-peer client account.
Matching of Lending Offers and Borrowing Request
- Offers and requests are matched either manually by accepting existing lending offers or borrowing requests or automatically by posting lending offers or borrowing request into the platform.
- Automatic matching of lending offers and borrowing requests happens once a request and offer are identified by our systems as an exact match based on currency, start date, tenor and interest rate. Such matching will be made in a first-in, first-out basis.
- Save as provided for in this Agreement, rights, undertakings, agreements, duties, liabilities and/or obligations arising from a Loan Contract cannot be transferred to any party, without the prior written consent of all parties involved including Silver Bullion.
- You agree that any transaction under the Peer-to-peer Lending Program is done directly between the Lender and Borrower and we do not participate and do not assume any liability in such loan transactions. For the avoidance of doubt, we only carry out specific roles in the Peer-to-peer Lending Program, which are described below:
Borrowing under the Peer-to-Peer Lending Program
Submitting a Borrowing Request
- An eligible S.T.A.R. Storage Customer may borrow under the program by submitting a Borrowing Request or accepting an existing Lending Offer.
- Upon submission of the Borrowing Request, the Collateral Parcel(s) used as collateral for that loan will be temporarily locked. The Borrower will, from that moment onwards not be entitled and not be allowed to sell or take delivery of these locked Collateral Parcels until the Borrowing Request is cancelled (if request is unmatched).
- Once a match takes place and a Loan Contract created, we will hold a first priority security interest by way of a first fixed charge on any locked Collateral Parcel and we shall be entitled to assign such security interest in the Collateral Parcel to any third party at any time and at our sole discretion, for the duration of the loan.
- Subject to clause 13.1.3 of this Agreement, the Borrower agree that such lien prohibits the Borrower from selling or taking delivery of the Collateral Parcel until the Loan Contract is repaid in full.
- At Loan Start Date, the Loan Contract amount will be credited to your Peer-to-Peer Account and upon your request, transferred to your Linked Bank Account and/or used in settlement for other liabilities you may have towards Silver Bullion.
- We shall release a locked Collateral Parcel with immediate effect in the event a Loan Contract has been repaid, denied, cancelled, or to enable a Liquidation Sale.
- The Borrower is entitled to make an early repayment (full repayment) of the Loan Contract by giving Silver Bullion an early repayment notice via e-mail or secure notification on the Silver Bullion Website. Partial repayment of the Loan Contract is not allowed.
- The early repayment of the Loan Contract will become effective one (1) business day after the full outstanding loan balance, including the full interest and any fees due is received from the Borrower. The locked Collateral Parcel will be released with immediate effect after the full repayment of the amount due.
Loan Maturity, Repayment and Roll-Over
- The principal amount and/or interest and charges shall be due and payable on or before the relevant Due Dates stated in the Loan Contract.
- As an alternative to sending funds at on or before the relevant Due Dates, or if you unable to do so in time, you can "roll-over" a Loan Contract, pending availability, by obtaining a new loan from a lender based on offered terms. Loans can be rolled-over up to 1 hour before the relevant Due Dates.
- You agree that funds must be in your Peer-to-Peer Account by 12:01 AM SGT on the relevant Due Dates. Should funds in your Peer-to-Peer Account be insufficient to cover your loan commitment by 12:01 AM SGT on the relevant Due Dates, such deficiency will be considered as Late Payment and subject to clause 15.1 of this Agreement.
Repayment through Collateral Liquidation
- The Borrower may request for the Repayment through Collateral Liquidation of the Loan Contract by giving Silver Bullion a repayment notice via e-mail or secure notification on the Silver Bullion Website.
By requesting for a Repayment through Collateral Liquidation, the Borrower accepts and authorises Silver Bullion as the Agent to:
- Request for a Loan Advance (subject to clause 15.2) to fully repay the Loan Contract and effect the lien release for the locked Collateral Parcel; and
- Immediately initiate the sale of the released Collateral Parcel and use the proceeds of the sale to repay the principal amount and all financing charges of the Loan Advance.
- Any amount in excess of the amount due to from the Loan Advance shall be credited to the account of the Borrower.
- Submitting a Borrowing Request
Lending under the Peer-to-Peer Lending Program
Submitting a Lending Offer
- An eligible S.T.A.R. Storage Customer may lend under the program by submitting a Lending Offer or accepting an existing Borrowing Request.
- Upon submission of a Lending Offer, the equivalent amount will be temporarily locked as reserve funds from your Peer-to-Peer Account. From that moment onwards, you will not be allowed to withdraw or make use of the reserve funds until the Lending Offer is cancelled (if offer is unmatched).
- Once a Lending Offer is matched and a Loan Contract created, you acknowledge that you shall not be entitled to cancel a Loan Contract or demand for early repayment, save for those provided under this Agreement.
Lender Warranties and Acknowledgement
- Subject to clause 14.2.2 of this Agreement, you warrant that you are not carrying on the business of money lending and that you are not engaged in any activity that, in conjunction with this Peer-to-peer Lending Program, might be construed as carrying on the business of money lending.
- Should you be carrying on the business of money lending, you warrant that you have obtained the proper license and/or permit from the relevant authorities in Singapore and/or in your jurisdiction, and that you have taken all the steps necessary for you to legally enter into a Loan Contract under this Peer-to-peer Lending Program.
- Entry into lending under the Peer-to-peer Lending Program serves as an acknowledgement and confirmation that you have carefully considered the risks involved in lending money through our Platform, and that your participation in any Loan Contract is undertaken independently by yourself and done entirely at your own risk.
- You agree and understand that engaging in a peer-to-peer lending activity whereby you are lending directly to a borrower. At no time shall you, as a lender, be lending money to us.
- You further warrant that we have not offered nor have you received any investment advice from us relating to the suitability of any of the lending opportunities listed on our Website or Platform.
You hereby irrevocably appoint us as your agent to perform the following duties for as long as these Terms of Service remains in force:
- To enter into negotiations and make agreements on your behalf relating to the individual terms of any Loan Contract entered into by you, or that you are assigned or re-assigned to (as the case may be), provided that you do not receive less interest or enter into a longer term than that was agreed at the time you accepted the Borrowing Request.
- To manage the recovery processes where any Borrower has failed to make payments to you under any Loan Contract or where an Event of Default has occurred. As part of this recovery process, you hereby provide us with the requisite authority to sub-contract this process to a third party to act on your behalf;
- To have the Bullion or other metals provided as Security by a Borrower held in trust;
- For us to be entitled to enforce the Security on your behalf where necessary;
- For us to be entitled to act as your agent in relation to the Loan Contract for the purpose of enforcing or procuring the enforcement of the Loan Contract; or
- For us to independently decide on and commence all recovery proceedings at our disposal against the Borrower on your behalf where there has been an Event of Default.
- You agree and accept that failure by the Borrower to provide additional collateral when requested by us may trigger a Liquidation Event and consequently an immediate early repayment of the Loan plus payment of the full interest. You are not entitled to claim further penalties as a result of the early-repayment.
- Submitting a Lending Offer
Late Payment, Loan Advance and Default
Late Payment and Sweeper Fund
- In order to limit the knock-on effects of Late Payments, the Borrowers and Lenders agree that in case of a Late Payment by the Borrower, Silver Bullion is entitled (but not obliged) to appoint a substitute party (“Sweeper”) to temporarily finance the shortfall and fund and effect the payment on behalf of the Borrower.
- The Borrower agrees that a Late Payment Penalty as published on our Website will be due from the Borrower should the temporary financing be extended by the Sweeper to cover any shortfall by the Borrower on the relevant Due Dates.
- When funds for Late Payments are eventually credited to the designated P2P Client Bank Account, these funds will be credited to, or set-off against, any of such temporary advances made by the Sweeper including any late payment penalties as described in this section.
- The Sweeper is entitled to choose to be subrogated into the rights of the Borrower whose settlement the Sweeper is making funds available for in the manner set out in this section.
- Loan Contracts have fixed start and end dates. To bridge the period between the Loan Contract creation and the next Loan Start Date, a Borrower may request the Sweeper for a Loan Advance for a sum not exceeding the amount receivable on the next Loan Start Date.
- A Borrower may also request the same Loan Advance facility to facilitate a Repayment through Collateral Liquidation under clause 13.4.
- By requesting a Loan Advance, the Borrower pledges the proceeds of the Loan Contract or in the case of Repayment though Collateral Liquidation, pledges the proceeds of the sale of the Collateral Parcel for the repayment of the Loan Advance principal amount and all financing charges (0.50% of the Loan Advance amount) to the Sweeper.
- The Borrower also accepts and authorises Silver Bullion as the Agent to use the proceeds from the sale of the security in clause 13.4 above, to repay the principal amount and all financing charges to the Sweeper. Any amount in excess of the amount due to the Lender shall be credited to the account of the Borrower.
- You also acknowledge that the Sweeper will not be a guarantor for any amounts due from Borrowers.
Events of Borrower Default
Upon the occurrence of an Event of Default, the outstanding loan balance, including the full interest, fees and any penalties shall become due and demandable. As a consequence thereof, we may:
- demand for the immediate repayment of the outstanding loan balance, consisting of the principal, full interest and penalties (if any);
- sell all or part of the locked Collateral Parcels, with or without your approval and with or without previous demand, notice, or advertisement, in any way as we deem fit; and
- take any other action permitted by law, including, without limitation, pursuing any remedy against you or against any guarantor, together or separately and in any order, in any court having jurisdiction.
- repay the lender for the outstanding loan balance including full interest.
An Event of Default includes, but is not limited to any event where:
- the Late Payment under clause 13.3 of this Agreement remained unpaid for more than thirty (30 days);
- the Collateral Coverage Percentage falls below the Liquidation Threshold;
- the Borrower dies or becomes mentally incapacitated;
- the Borrower fails to repay and/or return the principal and/or interest and/or charges on or before the agreed repayment date, all as specified in the Loan Contract;
the Borrower fails to comply with any of the provisions in the Loan Document(s), and such breach is not remedied within 10 business days or the earlier of:
- us notifying you of the breach and the remedy required; or
- you becoming aware of the breach.
- for the avoidance of doubt, such a breach includes any representation, warranty or statement made, repeated or deemed made by you in, or pursuant to, the Loan Documents being (or proved to have been) incomplete, untrue, incorrect or misleading in any material respect;
- when you grant, assign or attempt to grant or assign a security interest in the Collateral to any other party;
- when you stop or suspend payment of any of your debts, or are unable to pay your debts as they fall due;
- when the value of your assets is less than its liabilities (technical bankruptcy);
- when any action, proceedings, procedure or step is taken for:
- the suspension of payments, a moratorium of any indebtedness, winding up, dissolution, administration or reorganisation (using a voluntary arrangement, scheme of arrangement or otherwise) or your bankruptcy;
- the composition, compromise, assignment or arrangement with any creditor;
- the appointment of a liquidator, receiver, administrative receiver, administrator, compulsory manager or other similar officer in respect of you or any of your assets; or
- when you commence negotiations, or enter into any composition, compromise, assignment or arrangement, with one or more creditors with a view to rescheduling any of your indebtedness because of actual or anticipated financial difficulties;
- when any provision of the Loan documents is or becomes, for any reason, invalid, unlawful, unenforceable, terminated, disputed or ceases to be effective or to have full force and effect;
- when you repudiate or show an intention to repudiate the Terms of Service; or
- when any event occurs (or circumstances exist) which, in our reasonable opinion, has or is likely to materially and adversely affect your ability to perform all or any of your obligations under, or otherwise comply with the terms of the Loan Contract.
- Receipt of funds in the designated Silver Bullion bank account on a date later than the dates specified under this 13.3 will be considered Late Payments and these will strictly incur late payment penalty fees in accordance with the Schedule of Charges as updated from time to time on our Website.
- If any payment becomes due on a day that is not a Business Day, the Due Date of such payment will be brought forward to the last business day before the original Due Date
- Upon the occurrence of an Event of Default, the outstanding loan balance, including the full interest, fees and any penalties shall become due and demandable. As a consequence thereof, we may:
Collateral Liquidation Event
- Should the value of the Collateral Parcels fall below the Liquidation Threshold or should an Event of Default occur and the borrower fail to make immediate repayment of the outstanding loan balance, a Liquidation Event will occur.
- Should a Liquidation Event occur, the Collateral Parcels will be sold back to us or such other parties as we deem fit at the prevailing buyback rate. Any excess proceeds realised from a Liquidation Sale after taking into account the Loan principal, full interest, late payment charge and any other charges or fees will be credited to your Peer-to-Peer Account. We expressly disclaim making any representation or warranty as to the future value of the Collateral Parcels.
- The Liquidation Threshold is set at 110% of the total of the Loan Principal, Interest, and Admin Fee. If circumstances necessitate (e.g. as a consequence of high volatility), we may, for new contracts change the default percentage.
- Any Collateral Valuations carried out by us are based on a product sum of the metal mass of the Collateral Parcels multiplied by the prevailing prices. The Company may, at its sole discretion, also make reference to indicators such as LBMA AM Gold Price, Silver Price, or the LPPM AM Platinum or Palladium Price, as a basis of valuation.
- Late Payment and Sweeper Fund
General Terms, Payment & Ancillary Services
Funding and Payments
Funding your Silver Bullion Account
- Although not required, you may fund your Silver Bullion Account before making an order. You can do this in many ways including bank transfer, cheque deposit and SGD cash payment at our office.
- You may request a transfer of funds from your Silver Bullion Account to your Peer-to-Peer Account or Linked Bank Account and vise-versa by logging into our Website. All withdrawal requests will be processed by us within 1-2 business days.
- Bank transfers to a Singapore Linked Bank Account typically take 1-2 business days and incur little to no charge, while overseas telegraphic transfers can take 3-4 working days and charges may be levied by the sending and receiving bank.
Payment of Orders
- Payments for an order can be effected using, bank transfers, credit/debit cards, cryptocurrencies (e.g. bitcoin), personal cheques in SGD, USD or EUR (subject to clearance and only from Singapore bank accounts), or SGD cash payment.
- Receipt of payment on a date later than the date(s) specified in your order will be considered a Late Payment. These will strictly incur late payment penalties in accordance with the Schedule of Charges as updated from time to time on our Website.
- Payment by credit/debit cards and bitcoins are subject to a credit card transaction fee and a bitcoin conversion fee respectively, in accordance with the Schedule of Charges as updated from time to time on our Website.
You agree that all banking charges both in Singapore and abroad shall be borne by you and shall be deducted/charged to your account. These banking charges include, but are not limited to:
- all fees charged by our banks in receiving USD, EUR and/or SGD transfers to our account;
- all wiring, handling and other fees charged by the remitting and receiving banks; and
- all fees charged by an intermediary bank, and d) all fees charged by any payment processing party.
- You represent and warrant that any funds used for settlement do not represent any proceeds of crime, including any tax-related offences, and that you, or your affiliates, shareholders, directors (where applicable) or connected persons have not engaged in criminal activity or tax offences.
- Note that we may return funds, no matter the consequences, if we are not satisfied with its source and proceed to cancel the requested transaction or settlement. In case of doubt, we may contact you to seek additional information concerning the funds' source, which you agree to provide. You hereby agree and acknowledge that we are entitled to suspend the transaction until such additional information is received from you and is satisfactory to us. You shall be liable for all costs and expenses incurred by, directly or indirectly, us in connection with such suspension.
- Upon any failure by you to comply with your obligations, we shall be entitled to any and all of the remedies available to us, whether at law, in equity or otherwise.
- In the event that we must take any action against you to enforce your obligations under these Terms of Service, including, without limitation, turning your account over to a collection agency or a lawyer for collection, you shall be liable for all of the costs and expenses incurred by us in connection with such action.
- Should you fail to pay us any amount due and owing under the Terms of Service and/or the Loan Contract, and such default in payment continues for 90 calendar days, you authorise us to liquidate your precious metal in the quantities required to recover unpaid charges. We will pay you any balance that may remain from such sale, after deducting the amount you owe plus any costs it may have incurred in the sale transaction.
- All money payable by you to us will be paid free and clear of, and without withholding or deduction for, any taxes or duties of whatsoever nature imposed, levied, collected, withheld or assessed by any authority having power to tax, unless the withholding or deduction of such taxes or duties is required by law. In that event, unless otherwise agreed, the paying party shall pay such additional amounts as will result in the net amounts receivable by the other party (after taking account of such withholding or deduction) being equal to such amounts as would have been received by it had no such taxes or duties been required to be withheld or deducted.
- Funding your Silver Bullion Account
Fees and Charges
We will charge fees in respect of the services provided to you under this Agreement as specified in the Schedule of Charges (as amended from time to time) available on our Website, including (without limitation) the following:
- storage fees, including the charges incurred and due by Silver Bullion to the Vault in respect of the services provided in this Agreement as well as fees, due to Silver Bullion in relation to any ancillary services;
- payment fees, in respect of any payment instruction, which fees shall be deducted from your Silver Bullion Account or payment proceeds; and
- any other applicable fees and charges as set out in the Fee Schedule (as amended from time to time), a current version of which is published on our Website.
- Any increase of our fees in clause 17.1, is subject to thirty (30) days’ notice before taking effect.
- We will charge fees in respect of the services provided to you under this Agreement as specified in the Schedule of Charges (as amended from time to time) available on our Website, including (without limitation) the following:
Market Loss Policy
Buy Order and Sell Order Cancellation
- Upon cancellation of an Order, you shall be liable for any price difference, which shall be the difference of the price at which we sold to you or bought from you and the prevailing market price or prices at the time of the cancellation.
If the cancelled Order is payable with cryptocurrency (e.g. bitcoin), you shall also be liable for any cryptocurrency price difference, which shall be the difference of the cryptocurrency lock-in price and the prevailing cryptocurrency price at the time of the cancellation. For the avoidance of doubt, you shall be liable for the cryptocurrency price difference under this paragraph when:
- a Bullion or other metals Buy Order payable in cryptocurrency is cancelled, and the cryptocurrency price has increased from the time of your order to the time of cancellation; and
- a Bullion or other metals Sell Order payable in cryptocurrency is cancelled, and the cryptocurrency price has declined from the time of your order to the time of cancellation.
- Any market gain by us on cancellations shall not be refunded to you and shall remain our property.
- Buy Order and Sell Order Cancellation
S.T.A.R. Storage Account and S.T.A.R. ID
- We assign every S.T.A.R. Storage Account a unique identification number (“S.T.A.R. ID”). The S.T.A.R. ID shall be the primary identification number of a verified S.T.A.R. Storage Account.
- We accept a S.T.A.R. Storage Account to be in the name of an individual (“Personal Account”) provided that all necessary requisites and requirements in our Client Acceptance Policy are met.
- We accept a S.T.A.R. Storage Account to be opened in the name of two individuals (“Joint Account”). Where a Joint Account is accepted and opened by us, each Joint Account holder is a customer and accepts that the Joint Account is held in joint tenancy such that the right of survivorship applies and each Joint Account holder shall have all rights and obligations as may be applicable to a Personal Account under this Agreement, as may be amended from time to time. Each Joint Account holder agrees to abide by and comply with the provisions of these Terms of Service.
- We are entitled to treat all instructions and/or all transactions entered into using the S.T.A.R. Storage Account of the Joint Account holders as having been duly authorised by the other Joint Account holder and shall not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, and howsoever caused, resulting from the transaction.
- In the event of a dispute, whether legal or otherwise, between Joint Account holders, we reserve the right to suspend and/or terminate the Joint Account. For the avoidance of doubt, we shall not liable for any loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, resulting from such suspension / termination.
Joint Account with a Minor
- We also accept a S.T.A.R. Storage Account to be opened in the name of two individuals where one of the individuals is under 18 years of age (“Joint Account with a Minor”).
Where a Joint Account with a Minor is accepted and opened by us, the following additional terms and conditions shall apply to such account:
- the other Joint Account holder must be the parent or lawful guardian of the Minor or such other categories of persons as Silver Bullion may from time to time approve (the “Guardian”);
- the Guardian represents and warrants that he/she is the parent or lawful guardian of the Minor or otherwise has incurred the obligation to make provision for the Minor and undertakes to provide such information and/or documentation and evidencing the same as Silver Bullion may from time to time require or request to Silver Bullion's satisfaction;
- for the duration that the Minor is under 18 years of age, only the Guardian shall have authority to operate such joint account and Silver Bullion shall have no liability to any of the Joint Account holders for acting solely on the instructions of the Guardian during such period;
- we are entitled to treat all instructions and/or all transactions entered into using the S.T.A.R. Storage Account as having been made by the Guardian and shall not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, and howsoever caused, resulting from the transaction;
- forthwith on the Minor attaining the age of contractual capacity, the Minor shall notify Silver Bullion of his/her no longer being a minor and ratify his/her rights and obligations as a Joint Account holder and the Joint Account with a Minor shall thereafter continue as an ordinary Joint Account between two persons of respective contractual capacities in accordance with the terms and conditions set out under clause 19.3 or this Agreement;
- the Guardian formally acknowledges and accepts (both for himself and the Minor) that the rule of survivorship is intended and will apply to the Joint Account with a Minor between the Guardian and the Minor; the Joint Account with a Minor being opened expressly with that intention and basis;
- if the Guardian dies before the Minor attains 18 years of age, the right of survivorship will apply and Silver Bullion shall be entitled to freeze the account until a person demonstrates to Silver Bullion's satisfaction (by the production of appropriate documentation), his/her legal capacity to act as a Guardian of the Minor. Should a person be accepted by Silver Bullion as the new Guardian of the Minor for the purpose of this Agreement, the account shall from that moment be converted into a Junior S.T.A.R. Account operated “in-trust” by the Guardian for the benefit of the Minor and shall follow all the terms and conditions set out under clause 19.5 of this Agreement.
Junior S.T.A.R. Account (In-Trust-For)
- We accept a S.T.A.R. Storage Account to be opened “in-trust” for a Minor beneficiary provided that the account (“Junior S.T.A.R. Account”) is held in the name of the Guardian acting as a trustee or nominee.
Where a Junior S.T.A.R. Account is accepted and opened by us, the following additional terms and conditions shall apply to such account:
- the Guardian shall have no right of ownership over the S.T.A.R. Storage Holdings and ownership shall remain with the Minor at all times;
- the Guardian agreed that as a nominated trustee in an “in-trust-for” Junior S.T.A.R. Account, he/she will operate such account solely for the benefit of the beneficiary, and we have no obligation to monitor this;
- the Guardian formally acknowledges and accepts (both for himself and the Minor) to indemnify us against any loss or liability in respect of your operation of the Account, including any closing of the account, and any dispute between the beneficiary and/or any of your personal representatives.
- forthwith on the Minor attaining the age of contractual capacity, the Minor shall notify Silver Bullion of his/her no longer being a minor and ratify his/her rights and obligations as a beneficiary of the account, and Silver Bullion shall convert the account to a Personal Account (removing the Guardian) after the completion of all procedures necessary to effect such conversion;
- if the beneficiary dies, we may close the Junior S.T.A.R. Account and at our discretion (a) open a new in-trust account, which will be operated by the Guardian as trustee for the benefit of the deceased beneficiary’s estate or (b) liquidate the account and transfer the proceeds to the Guardian as trustee of the Junior S.T.A.R. Account thereon and such transfer shall be treated as a full discharge of the our obligation under this Agreement;
- if the Guardian dies before the Minor attains 18 years of age, we may at our discretion (a) freeze the account until a person demonstrates to Silver Bullion's satisfaction (by the production of appropriate documentation), his/her legal capacity to act as a Guardian of the Minor and a trustee to the account or (b) liquidate the holdings and close the account, release proceeds of the liquidation and all other balance in such account to the Minor’s personal representatives by way of a cheque, cashier’s order or telegraphic transfer issued in favour of the Minor’s personal representatives to be held in trust for the Minor beneficiary. Before we agree to take any of the actions referred to in this section, we may require the personal representatives to produce certain documents (including the death certificate) as stipulated by us.
Corporation, Trust, Retirement, and Other Entities
- We accept a S.T.A.R. Storage Account to be opened in the name of corporations, trusts, limited liability corporations and other corporate entities. Where an S.T.A.R. Storage Account is opened on behalf of a company, it is the company’s responsibility to ensure that its directors, employees, and / or agents comply with the provisions of these Terms of Service.
- As part of the S.T.A.R. Storage registration process, you shall nominate an Authorised Representative, Trustee, or Custodian (as the case may be) to represent your legal entity and provide instruction. All relevant documents and information as requested by us during the approval process should be duly provided.
- Any instructions to us from a legal entity Authorised Representative, Trustee, or Custodian, shall be deemed as approved and authorised by the legal entity. We will not be held responsible for any of the consequences of acting on the instructions of an Authorised Representative, Trustee, or Custodian and shall not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, and howsoever caused, resulting from the transaction.
Death or Incapacity
- In case of your death or becoming mentally incapacitated, we will take instructions in respect of your Silver Bullion Account from your authorised executor or administrator upon delivery to us of sufficient proof of authority of such executor or administrator and the documentation as requested.
Transfer on Death
- Notwithstanding clause 20, owners of Personal Accounts may authorise Silver Bullion to immediately liquidate their S.T.A.R. Storage holdings and subsequently transfer the proceeds to the Linked Bank Account upon Silver Bullion’s receipt of the notice of death.
You agree that by enabling Transfer on Death, you are instructing us to:
- Sell all Parcel(s) in your S.T.A.R. Storage Account upon our receipt and acceptance of the proof of your death;
- Subject to clause 13.2 and 15.2, initiate an early repayment of any Loan Contract(s) to which you are the Borrower;
- Settle any and all outstanding obligations (e.g. storage fees) of your S.T.A.R. Storage Account with Silver Bullion; and
- Transfer the remaining balances of your S.T.A.R. Storage Account to your Linked Bank Account.
You further agree and acknowledge that:
- You are entitled to exercise your option to enable this clause 21 and subsequently revoke it at any time by completing and submitting the necessary form(s) to be provided by Silver Bullion;
- You understand that enabling this Transfer on Death clause may affect your estate and tax planning. Silver Bullion strongly recommends that you consult your own legal and tax professionals to determine if enabling this Transfer on Death clause is appropriate for you;
- You and your estate will indemnify and hold harmless Silver Bullion and its affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, suits, liens, judgments, damages, losses and expenses, including legal fees and all court costs and liability (including statutory liability) arising out of the performance of this clause;
- We reserve the right to not exercise this clause in case we do not receive sufficient proof of your death and if we determine that the Linked Bank Account in your profile is not directly under your name (e.g. FBO account with a brokerage account);
- This Agreement supersedes any wills, trusts and other instruments, regardless of the date of execution, which provides for the contrary disposition of your S.T.A.R. Storage Account;
- Neither Silver Bullion nor any of its employees or affiliates have given advice regarding any legal or tax consequences in enabling this Transfer on Death clause; and
- Upon completion of the transfer, we may terminate your Silver Bullion Account in accordance with clause 32 of this Agreement.
Nationalisation Event Protection
Where a Nationalisation Event occurs, Silver Bullion is entitled to do the following:
- suspend your, the Customer’s, ability to sell, transfer or otherwise deal with its Bullion or other metals remotely; and
- require that any transaction, including but not limited to the sale, purchase, withdrawal or movement, to be performed in relation to its Bullion or other metals held by Silver Bullion in Singapore can only be effected if you, the Customer or your authorised representative is physically present in the Republic of Singapore to collect your Bullion or other metals from Silver Bullion or to instruct Silver Bullion to sell your Bullion or other metals.
The benefit of clause 22.1 above shall be conditional upon the following:
- the Nationalisation Event occurring in any sovereign territory, except the Republic of Singapore;
- if you are a natural person, your passport or permanent resident card on record with Silver Bullion is that of the sovereign territory in which the Nationalisation Event occurs or if our Customer is a legal entity, it is registered in the sovereign territory in which the Nationalisation Event occurs;
- you had exercised the option to enable the operation of this clause 22 and have not revoked it immediately preceding the occurrence of the Nationalisation Event; and
- you control, own or possess the type of metal which is the subject of the Nationalisation Event.
- You are entitled to exercise your option to enable this clause 22 or revoke it at any time at its sole discretion at any time immediately preceding the occurrence of the Nationalisation Event. For the avoidance of doubt, when a Nationalisation Event occurs, your option to revoke this clause 22 is suspended for such time as the Nationalisation Event remains effective, unless you (in the case of an individual) or in the case of a legal entity (its authorised representative) is physically present in Singapore.
- You shall be solely responsible for and fully indemnify Silver Bullion against all loss or damages suffered and cost and expenses incurred by Silver Bullion and all claims by any third parties as a result of exercising its option to enable this clause 22.
- Where a Nationalisation Event occurs, Silver Bullion is entitled to do the following:
We will issue you the following documents upon completion of a buy or sell transaction, delivery or Transfer-in:
- Invoice: This is your proof of a completed purchase and it is the document that records the transfer of legal ownership of purchased Parcels to your name. The invoice certifies that full payment for the Bullion or other metals has been received from you and that your Bullion or other metals is physically stored in the selected Vault or was delivered to you. For storage, the document lists your purchased Parcel numbers, storage balance and S.T.A.R. ID.
- Parcel Receipt: This document lists the Parcels and their content that have been received as part of a Transfer-in
- Purchase Orders: These are issued by us should you sell your Bullion or other metals back to us. The Purchase Order is proof of purchase by us and proof of sale by you and lists your sold Parcel numbers. The Purchase Order is issued only once payment to your Linked Bank Account has been released. It specifies the date, amount and bank coordinates of the transferred funds
- Delivery Note: We issue these along with your delivered Parcels. We require a physical signature on this document when you take physical possession of the Bullion or other metals. The document acts as proof of delivery for the selected parcels and lists possible delivery charges
The latest available version of all documents in use can always be downloaded from the Website. This includes:
- The “Parcel Statement” (Customer Specific): A document that lists your current holdings, storage balance and your Bullion or other metals’ purchase price, whether in SGD or USD;
- The “Parcel Ownership List”: A document that lists all Parcels stored in our Vault and the anonymous Owner S.T.A.R. IDs of the Parcel owners. We hold the master copy of the highly confidential ownership records;
- The “Vault Parcel Inventory” (for Vault Parcels): A document that is issued by the Vault Operator and lists all Parcels stored in their respective Vault(s). The Vault Parcel Inventory supports the Parcel Ownership List;
- The “Inspection Reports”: The latest quarterly independent party audit report. The document is based on physical inspection and either issued by a Singapore-licensed Auditor or by an LBMA approved Inspection Company; and
- “Parcel Photos” (Customer Specific): Showing a close-up picture of each Parcel you own, clearly showing the Parcel’s seal number and its respective contents.
- You agree to notify us immediately if you notice any discrepancies on your Parcel Statement and/or any of the other documents issued to you under these Terms of Service. If a discrepancy is not reported within 10 Business Days from the date of the Parcel Statement or download, you agree that the Parcel Statement can be considered to be correct by us. We reserve the right to correct any discrepancies discovered and notify you of such correction.
- We will issue you the following documents upon completion of a buy or sell transaction, delivery or Transfer-in:
- You are responsible for the accuracy of your instructions for all transactions in your Silver Bullion Account and through the Website. Instructions once sent, in any form through your Silver Bullion Account (including instructions through the account’s secure notification function or registered email) will be final and irrevocable and it will not be possible to retrieve funds sent in error. It is your responsibility to ensure that your personal information registered with Silver Bullion is accurate at all times.
Nevertheless, we reserve the right not to act on your instructions under the following circumstances:
- In our reasonable opinion, we deem that your instruction was not sufficiently clear to act upon;
- We could not verify your identity to our reasonable satisfaction;
- The instruction was not made by you; and/or
- We believe that the instruction may be related to an illegal activity.
- You agree that we are entitled to assume, in respect of any instruction received from a person using your username and password, that the person is you.
- Secure access to our platform is provided by logging on to our Website by way of your username and password. These login credentials are unique to you and are our primary method of securely identifying you when delivering our Website Services to you.
Safe Security Practices
- You agree to exercise safe security practices when accessing and conducting electronic transactions. This includes signing out and closing any online electronic transaction services once all transactions have been completed regardless of your method of accessing the Website. You agree to maintain any security measures that we recommend relating to requirements for encryption technology, virus scanning, software, firewall systems, anti-spyware software, cybersecurity measures and similar safeguards to maintain security for all electronic transaction activities.
- You agree to keep your username and password secure at all times, and to not store them on a device or computer that would permit someone else to impersonate you. You are solely responsible for the safe guarding of these login credentials. If you suspect that your access to the Platform has been compromised in any way, it is your responsibility to contact us immediately.
- You confirm that you will not provide your username and password to any third parties. You shall be responsible for any actions performed on your Silver Bullion Account by the third party.
- You shall inform us if a notification suggests unauthorised access to your records or Silver Bullion Account. In the event of any unauthorised access to your records, we are entitled to investigate and seek the assistance of the authorities in detecting crime and arresting offenders.
- We may periodically contact you to validate our information. Failure to respond may result in your Silver Bullion Account being locked until we can verify your current contact information.
- You agree that in the interest of security, changes in the account beneficiary, account administrator/trustee, linked bank account and linked cryptocurrency address, e-mail, or phone numbers must be submitted by use of a duly signed ‘Change Form’ as available from us. You further agree that these requests may require additional verification via video call and/or two-factor authentication before the change request is approved.
- Secure Access
- You agree to promptly review the transaction history and any account statements pertaining to your Silver Bullion Account that you receive to ensure that your instructions have been carried out and that there have been no unauthorised dealings in your Silver Bullion Account. You must inform us of any errors or omissions within thirty (30) days of the disputed transaction(s).
Communications and Use of the Website
- In the event of a failure of the Internet or Website for whatever reason which prevents access from the region or country in which you are resident, we will undertake on a best efforts basis to operate by alternative methods including telephone, facsimile or post. You agree to provide verification of your identity as requested by us before we can act on any instructions that you give to us using such alternative methods of communication.
- You agree that we are entitled to communicate with you by e-mail and/or secure notification through our Website. We send a notification based on your communication preference for various requests.
- You shall be deemed to have knowledge of the content of such notifications, and shall not hold us liable for any losses and/or damages that you may have suffered. If in doubt we reserve the right to hold off fulfilling a request until we can verify you initiated it.
- All notices and other communications to you shall be directed to the address or e-mail address that you provided to us at the time of your registration or as part of an order. We cannot be liable for any errors or changes in any addresses and/or e-mail address.
Representations and Warranties
You make the following representations and warranties to us at the time of entering into these Terms of Service and every time you use the Platform, Website or Services offered by us:
- You are over the age of 18 years (except for Joint Account with a Minor and Junior S.T.A.R. Account where a separate rule applies);
- You have the capacity to enter into this legal agreement and are of sound mind;
- You confirm that you are not insolvent and/or bankrupt;
- You confirm that all personal information that you provide about yourself is accurate and true to the best of your knowledge;
- The Linked Bank Account is in your name;
- You have carefully considered the risks involved with using our Platform and also the risks associated with the Peer-to-peer Lending Program;
- You are not acting in breach of any laws or regulations that are applicable to you nor any company, trust or partnership upon whose instructions you are acting;
- If you are not a resident of Singapore, you shall be solely responsible for ensuring that using the Platform or making a lending commitment does not violate any laws or regulations applicable in your country of residence;
- You have taken all necessary action and obtained all required or desirable authorizations to enable you to execute, deliver and perform your obligations under the transactions contemplated by yourself and to make these admissible in evidence in the event of any legal proceedings. All such authorizations are in full force and effect;
- Your obligations under these Terms of Service are legal, valid, binding and enforceable;
- No event or circumstance is outstanding which constitutes (or, with the expiry of a grace period, the giving of notice, the making of any determination or any combination thereof, would constitute) a default or termination event under any other agreement or instrument which is binding on you or to which any of your assets is subject which has or is reasonably likely to have a material adverse effect on your business, assets or condition or ability to perform your obligations;
- No litigation, arbitration or administrative proceedings are taking place, pending or, to your knowledge, threatened against you, any of your directors (where applicable) or any your assets, which, if adversely determined, might reasonably be expected to have a material adverse effect on your business, assets or condition, or your ability to perform your obligations;
- None of your assets placed with us represent proceeds of any criminal activity, or tax crimes; and
- All Collateral Parcels being held as security hereunder are solely owned by you, free and clear of any and all encumbrances, security interests, liens and rights and claims of third parties, including, without limitation, tax liens or claims and litigation affecting the Collateral Parcels, except the rights of us under the Loan Documents.
Where you are not a natural person, you additionally warrant that:
- You are duly incorporated and validly exist under the laws of its jurisdiction of incorporation;
- You have the power to own your assets and carry on your business;
- You have the power and authority to execute, deliver and perform your obligations under the Loan Documents and the transactions contemplated by them. No limit on your powers will be exceeded as a result of the borrowing or the grant of the Security contemplated by the Loan Documents; and
Your execution, delivery and performance of the obligations in, and transactions contemplated by the Loan Documents, do not and will not contravene or conflict with:
- Any constitutional document;
- Any agreement or instrument binding on it or its assets or constitute a default or termination event (however described) under any such agreement or instrument; or
- Any law or regulation or judicial or official order, applicable to it.
Each of the representations and warranties in this clause 28 is deemed to be repeated by you on the date:
- of effecting one of the Services provided by us; or
- that payments are made or received.
- You make the following representations and warranties to us at the time of entering into these Terms of Service and every time you use the Platform, Website or Services offered by us:
Limitation of Liability
- Nothing in this Agreement excludes or limits the liability of Silver Bullion for death, personal injury, fraud, or fraudulent misrepresentation.
We shall under no circumstances be liable:
- to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with this Agreement;
- loss as a result of any unauthorised access to your Silver Bullion account due to your failure to follow clause 25 of this Agreement;
- for any special, general, direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, even if we had been advised of the possibility thereof;
- for any losses or damages incurred by one Joint Account Holder as a result of Silver Bullion acting on the instruction of another Joint Account Holder in respect of the same Joint Account;
- for any fees, duties, taxes, or loss as a result of theft or any other loss after a) Metal has been removed from the Vault at your request for delivery or collection or b) cryptocurrency that has been withdrawn from the Cryptocurrency Deposit Address at your request; or
- for any damages resulting from latent defect, loss of data or loss of profits; (e) for any loss as a result of risks associated with online trading, including software and hardware failure latent defect, loss of data, delays, failure, errors, omissions, or losses of transmitted information or instructions, power outages, internet failure, hackers, denial of service (DoS) attacks, viruses, or other contaminating or destructive properties.
- No failure or omission by Silver Bullion to carry out its obligations under this Agreement shall be deemed a breach of this Agreement if such failure or omission arises out of any event that is beyond its control, including, but not limited to, cryptocurrency network congestion, cryptocurrency becoming illegal, sabotage, Acts of God, war or warlike hostilities, civil riots, acts of terrorism and/or government restrictions including blockades, embargoes and/or trade restrictions or for any reason whatsoever or such other circumstances that may cause a delay or failure to perform such obligation through no fault of Silver Bullion.
- In case of Force Majeure, we will use our reasonable endeavours to mitigate the effect of the Force Majeure and to carry out our obligations under this Agreement in any other way that is reasonably practicable. We will, as soon as reasonably practicable, notify you of the nature and extent of the circumstances giving rise to Force Majeure. If the Force Majeure in question prevails for a continuous period in excess of six (6) months after the date on which the Force Majeure begins, you shall be entitled to give notice to us to terminate this Agreement.
- In the case of market distortion, volatile markets, systems (including third party systems upon which Silver Bullion is reliant) being hacked, and market disruption, we reserve the right to adjust an order if the prices and currency quotes received from Silver Bullion’s data source, when the order was placed, is found to be incorrect. Silver Bullion will contact you if an order needs to be adjusted due to incorrect market data, and you may cancel the order if you do not want to trade on the corrected market rate.
- To prevent or limit the effects of Force Majeure events that may arise as a result of having foreign jurisdictional exposure, Silver Bullion shall exclusively store all Parcel(s) in Singapore and shall carry out all storage related activities under the exclusive jurisdiction of Singapore.
Amendments and Privacy
- We reserve the right to correct any discrepancies or mistakes that we discover, and notify you of such correction.
- Our practices shall remain compliant with all local laws and regulations on data protection and privacy in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”). You consent to the collection of personal data by us for the purposes of facilitating the provision of services under these terms of Service. We shall be entitled to use, disclose, transfer, or process such personal data, from time to time for in accordance with the PDPA.
- We recognise your right to confidentiality after your identity has been validated and, as physical Bullion or other metals is not classified as a financial product, customer transactions do not fall under any financial reporting rules. However if we become suspicious of any attempt at money laundering, or if contacted by a authority with competence in the Singapore jurisdiction in the exercise of lawful regulatory or enforcement authority in a matter of anti-money laundering (“AML”), or combating the funding of terrorism (“CFT”), you acknowledge and agree that we must assist the competent regulatory or law enforcement authority.
- We warrant that the identities of owners, Borrowers and Lenders will never be provided no matter the circumstances or transactions that you have entered into with them. Similarly, we will not reveal your identity to third parties unless we are under any legal obligation to do so. You agree not to make attempts to establish the identity of any of our customers.
- You may not assign or transfer these Terms of Service or any of your rights or obligations under these Terms of Service without the prior written consent of us. You agree that we shall be entitled to assign or transfer all or any of its rights under these Terms of Service and to perform any of our obligations in respect of these Terms of Service through, any of our subsidiaries, related corporations and affiliated companies.
- If any term of these Terms of Service is held to be unenforceable for any reason, it shall not affect the other terms of these Terms of Service and the term that would otherwise be unenforceable shall be enforced to the fullest extent that it would be enforceable.
- You acknowledge that any and all of the intellectual property rights of Silver Bullion and all of its associated companies including, without limitation, the Silver Bullion and The Safe House trademark, trade names, S.T.A.R. Storage name and logo, Silver Bullion and The Safe House’s logo, emblem, website information, copyright and any other rights used by or embodied within the Silver Bullion Group’s Website and documents, are and will remain as Silver Bullion Group’s sole property. You may not copy, imitate or use them in any of your documents, website(s) or other advertising materials/literature, be it in printed or electronic form, without the express written consent of Silver Bullion.
Term and Termination
- This Agreement will remain in effect and will bind you and us until such time as your Silver Bullion Account is closed. We may in our entire discretion terminate this Agreement by notice with immediate effect for any reason whatsoever, including any breach of this agreement by you. You may close your Silver Bullion Account by giving us written notice.
- Upon closure of your Silver Bullion Account, you must sell your holdings to us, transfer ownership of the holdings to another Silver Bullion Account (subject to our Compliance Policy), or collect or take delivery of the holdings in our Vault provided that no amount due from you to us under this Agreement (including any applicable fees and charges relating to such delivery, transfer or sale) remains outstanding.
- You may not close your Silver Bullion Account if you are a Lender and you have an outstanding Loan Contract. If you are a Borrower and have an outstanding Loan Contract, you may only close your Silver Bullion Account after closing the Loan Contract though early repayment.
- You will remain liable for all obligations related to your Silver Bullion Account even after the Silver Bullion Account is closed. Any accrued rights, remedies, obligations and liabilities of the parties as at termination shall not be affected, including the right to claim damages in respect of any breach of the Agreement which existed at or before the date of termination. Any clauses of this Agreement which expressly or by implication have effect after termination shall continue in full force and effect.
Third Party Rights
- Nothing in these Terms of Service is intended to confer upon any third party any right to enforce any provision herein under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) of Singapore and the parties hereto do not intend any term (whether it purports to confer a benefit on a third party or not) of these Terms of Service to be enforceable by any third party.
Further Assurance, Offset & Jurisdiction
- You shall, at your own expense, promptly execute and deliver all such documents, and do all such things, as we may reasonably require for the purpose of giving full effect to the provisions of these Terms of Service.
- We have the right to immediately and without notice offset any liability or debt that is owed by you to us.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. You agree to hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore.
The key terms that we use in these Terms of Service are in bold, including the following:
Authorised Representative refers to a person appointed by the customer fully authorised to act on his behalf and accepted as such by Silver Bullion
Borrower refers to a Verified Customer, individual or legal entity, that has registered and has been approved as a Borrower
Borrowing Request refers to the request by another Verified Customer to borrow money with his/her Bullion held in storage serving as Collateral
Bullion or other metals means platinum, gold or silver (no matter whether coined or not), other precious metals, base metals, or rare-earth metals that are accepted to be bought, sold and/or stored by Silver Bullion
Business Day means a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in Singapore
Buy Order refers to any and all your orders and purchases of Metal or Cryptocurrency, whether made through our Website, by telephone, by e-mail, in person or in any other way
Collateral Coverage Percentage refers to the ratio of the appraised value of precious metals collateral over the amount of money borrowed. (E.g. the Collateral Coverage Percentage of a $100,000 Loan with $200,000 of collateral is 200%)
Collateral Parcels means the Parcels used as collateral by you as security against Loans granted by Lenders. These Collateral Parcels shall remain “locked” in storage for the duration of the Loan and cannot be sold by you or taken delivery of by you without fully redeeming the Loan
Collateral Valuation means the valuation of the Collateral Parcels, as determined by us. This is generally based on a product sum of the metal mass of the Collateral Parcels multiplied by the prevailing traded spot rate. We may, at our sole discretion, make reference to indicators such as LBMA AM Gold Price, Silver Price, or the LPPM AM Platinum or Palladium Price as a basis of valuation
Cryptocurrency means a digital or virtual currency that uses cryptography for security and is supported by Silver Bullion
Cryptocurrency Deposit Address is the address issued to the Customer and is mathematically linked to the Private Key and represents a destination for a cryptocurrency payment or transfer
Cryptocurrency Private Key is the randomly generated number that allows the sending of Cryptocurrency out of a given cryptocurrency address
Cryptocurrency Release Address is an address provided by the Customer and verified separately by Silver Bullion and represents the destination of the cryptocurrency to be withdrawn by the Customer
Due Date means the particular day on or before which something must be done to comply with the obligations under these Terms of Service. The due date is always indicated and means that payment must be received on or before the specified date. Any references in this Agreement to a given Due Date shall mean local Singapore time (UTC +8).
Encrypted Private Key Card is the credit card-sized laser etched polycarbonate card. Printed on it are an encrypted Private Key and the address to be decrypted upon withdrawal. It allows for reliable long-term non-digital storage
Encrypted Recovery Card is another credit card-sized laser etched polycarbonate card having the same private key as the customer card, but encrypted in a different manner to be decrypted only as a backup in case of loss / damage of the customer card
EUR means Euro
Event of Default refers to circumstances where a Borrower is in default of his obligations and has failed to remedy the default in accordance with these Terms of Service
Force Majeure Event refers to any event beyond our control, including but not limited to sabotage, natural disasters, war or warlike hostilities, civil riots, acts of terrorism, government restrictions, and /or shortage of material or labour, which may cause a delay or failure to perform such obligation through no fault of ours
Gregersen-Gono Standard is the cryptocurrency storage standard developed by Gregor Gregersen and Clint Gono
Guardian means the parent or lawful guardian of the Minor or such other categories of persons as Silver Bullion may from time to time approve that has the authority and duty to care for the interests of the Minor
Interest Rate means the simple interest rate (calculated on a non-compounded per annum basis) of the Loan expressed in percentage terms.
Late Party refers to the party to a Loan Contract that is the originator or sender of a Late Payment
Late Payment refers to the receipt of funds in the designated Silver Bullion bank account on a date later than the dates specified in clause 13
LBMA refers to the London Bullion Market Association
Lender is a Verified Customer, individual or legal entity, that has been registered and approved as a lender who intends to make loans on terms and conditions as described in these Terms of Service
Lending Offer refers to the offer by a peer-to-peer Lender to lend money to a Borrower provided the Borrower has Bullion held in storage to serve as Collateral
Linked Bank Account means the bank account provided by you in your S.T.A.R. Storage application form or in a S.T.A.R. Storage Change Form. The system is designed so that the Linked Bank Account beneficiary, the invoice beneficiary and the storage beneficiary are always in the exact same name as that of whose identity was verified during the account opening process
Linked Cryptocurrency Address means your Cryptocurrency Deposit Address or the cryptocurrency address that you provided in your S.T.A.R. Storage application form or in a S.T.A.R. Storage Change Form
Liquidation Event means any event that entitles us or the Lender to conduct a Liquidation Sale including but not limited to exceeding the Liquidation Threshold
Liquidation Threshold means the minimum Collateral Coverage Percentage which, when met or passed below, will trigger a liquidation event. This threshold is specified on Borrowing Request the Loan Contract
Liquidation Sale means the sale executed by us of all or any part of the Collateral Parcels pursuant to a Liquidation Event
Loan means such sums of money that have been lent by the Lender to the Borrower
Loan Contract This document carries a unique identity code and forms, and stands as evidence of, a valid loan agreement between the Borrower and the Lender. It will be issued to Borrower and Lender online and contain the loan information specified in these Terms of Service
Locked means a transaction lock placed by us on the Collateral Parcels in our Storage system, which prevents you from submitting delivery or sell orders on Collateral Parcels. A Lock is a precondition for a secured Loan and is imposed on the Collateral Parcels automatically on your Borrowing Request
LPPM refers to The London Platinum and Palladium Market
Minor is a person under the age of 18
Nationalisation Event means any act, including seizure, arrest, detention, confiscation, requisition, prohibition, interference, impounding, forfeiture or other restriction, by any government, other than Singapore, or by persons acting or purporting to act on behalf of any government, and any other cause or circumstance whether of the kind herein enumerated or otherwise, against a customer’s control, ownership or possession of any type of metal, including Bullion
Order Confirmation Upon completion of your buy or sell order you will receive a confirmation from us listing all details of the transaction, including mode and date of payment. This paper or electronic document serves as evidence of buying or selling Bullion from or to us respectively
Over-the-Counter Pickup refers to the non-storage Buy Order of Bullion or other metals that will be physically collected at our retail office
Over-the-Counter Sell Order refers to the non-storage Sell Order of Bullion or other metals that will be physically delivered by the seller to our retail office within the next business day
Parcel means a single uniquely identified property in tamper evident bags with Bullion or other metals that have been physically stored in the Vault. A Parcel may also refer to a sealed container that contain bars, an individual bar, a pallet of bars, a sealed container containing other metals, or an encrypted polycarbonate cards, that may or may not be sealed, as may be appropriate to the usage
Platform refers to the computer and/or internet based service provided by us through our Website, which allows customers, Lenders and Borrowers to stay informed and to transact with us. This includes all secure areas of the Website in addition to any technology made available to you
Peer-to-Peer Account Balance is the balance of the Customer in the P2P Client Bank Account
Security means any charge (whether fixed or floating, legal or equitable), pledge, lien, assignment, by way of security or other security interest securing any obligation of any person or any other arrangement having a similar effect
Sell Order means any and all sell orders for Metals and Cryptocurrency, whether made through our Website, by telephone, in person, by e-mail or otherwise
Services means the roles that we perform in buying and selling Bullion, Matching Lenders and Borrowers via the Platform, administrating the Peer-to-Peer Lending Program and providing supporting activities and administration
SGD means Singapore Dollars
S.T.A.R. ID refers to an 8-digit number provided to you when you become a Verified Customer. This number is only known by you and us and is used to anonymise your identity.
S.T.A.R. Storage Account means a Silver Bullion Account that has been verified in accordance with our Client Acceptance Policy and has been assigned a S.T.A.R. ID
Terms refers to the terms and conditions that are set out in this document together with any other policies referred to herein
Transfer-In refers to the process of shipping physical Bullion to Silver Bullion and to have it authenticated and transferred into our storage after compulsory DUX testing.
TSH refers to The Safe House SG Pte Ltd who has supervision and/or custody of the Bullion
USD means United States of America Dollars
USD and SGD P2P Client Bank Account is a segregated bank account that holds the funds of the Customers for use in the Peer-to-Peer Lending Platform
Vault refers to the high-security facilities in Singapore that are operated by TSH
Vault Operator refers to TSH
Verified Customer refers to a customer with an account that has been verified and accepted as a client (S.T.A.R. Storage Account) and that is now entitled to use the storage facilities that we offer and avail of the opportunity to become a Borrower or a Lender in the Peer-to-Peer lending programs. A Verified Customer has a S.T.A.R ID and a personalised secure area on the Platform which provides a summary of your activities conducted through us, including current balances, Loans and details of precious metal collateral allocated to you.
Walk-in refers to a customer who presents himself or his authorised representative in person at the counters of Silver Bullion
Website means our Website: www.silverbullion.com.sg